Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gander Mountain to File for Bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Doesn't surprise me.

I went to the store in Lewisville a couple times and pretty much got treated like I was a nuisance to the store's employees. It's really hard to be in the retail business if your employees put an effort into driving away customers.
    Totally agree and felt the same way! Last time I walked out agitated and vowed never to return to that shit hole.

Yup, I was curious why they lasted this longing.

Okay, step aside, next shit birds with expensive are up...

Well maybe there will be some decent clearance sales. They had some decent stuff, just way over priced

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

I got some good deals on used guns at the one most local to me.
    Bought my son a pump 12 gauge when he got old enough to hunt grouse.
    Paid $89.
    Got other bargains on a variety of handguns. And a pile of
    Uncle Mike's grips.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Yup, I was curious why they lasted this longing.

Okay, step aside, next shit birds with expensive are up...

This. After eight years of Obama, a lot of folks in the gun business have forgotten how to behave in a buyer's market. The next few years are going to be tough on everyone the gun business.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The above-MSRP pricing always seems like a giant FU. The one near me has a surplus BHP that is heavily pitted with rust in the case for more than a brand new one goes for online, and wants $5499 for a NIB New Haven Model 70 in .270. I figured the only way they stayed in business was by preying on first-time buyers and their ignorance. But dang, I drive right past it twice a day. There could be some epic clearance deals. Maybe they'll get bought by Cabela's or something. The retail stores have to be worth something.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    This. After eight years of Obama, a lot of folks in the gun business have forgotten how to behave in a buyer's market. The next few years are going to be tough on everyone the gun business.

Okie John
    AR-15 and 1911 companies are going to start burning like it's Sherman's March. Honestly a great thing, the best quality outfits will survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Capitalism. It's not new.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Gander Mountain to File for Bankruptcy

No surprise. They built one in my city a couple years ago near a large indoor outlet mall/high traffic shopping area. Its amazing by how dead that place is all the time. The clearance sign has been hanging continually for 6 months. Not

I've been buying a fair amount of rimfire Ammo from them (they're sale price on CCI standard velocity and Minimags are among the cheapest I've seen in stock) in store when in stock and online using the free ship to store feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richiecotite; 02-12-2017 at 06:03 AM.
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Site Supporter
    The Field and Stream store near me seems to do well, and I have seen them in other parts of the country. When their ammo is on sale the prices are normal, and it saves me the shipping cost. When their firearms are on sale, their prices are in line with my favorite local shops.

With websites like Gunbroker, and the classified ads on the forums, I am not sure how the big box stores stay in the gun business. Most of the time the prices are absurd, and you have to listen to the know it all behind the counter

We have a FFL nearby that charges $20 per transfer. Ordering online, saving on sales tax and overall price, has saved me a ton of money in firearm purchases thru the past couple of years.

User Tag List