Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 19 MOS now Mk27?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had two plates loosen, until I started bathing the screws and bottom of the plates in blue loctite, after which no more problems.
    1000+ to this. I pretty much bedded the adapter plate to the slide with blue loctite. No issues so far.

I just find it interesting that the general issue MHS has a mount sized for the SOCOM optic while the SOCOM pistol uses adapter plates.

In any case, between the Mk27 and M17/18 MHS, it appears optic ready pistols are becoming standard across the armed forces.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I just find it interesting that the general issue MHS has a mount sized for the SOCOM optic while the SOCOM pistol uses adapter plates.

In any case, between the Mk27 and M17/18 MHS, it appears optic ready pistols are becoming standard across the armed forces.
    What is the difference between a “mount sized for” and an adapter plate?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is the difference between a “mount sized for” and an adapter plate?
    The adapter plate approach is well represented by the Glock MOS and Smith & Wesson CORE models - a relatively large pocket milled in the slide designed to accept an interface plate compatible with a particular optic (RMR, DP Pro, etc). A dedicated mount is exemplified by the SIG RX, a tailored pocket which will accept any optic you like as long as it is the SIG Romeo (or in the case of the MHS, a Leupold Deltapoint Pro).

We can debate the merits of each approach, but it boils down to the adapter plate offering a range of optic compatibility at the expense of an additional point of failure in the mounting system, as well as a higher overall optic due to the additional height of the interface plate. The dedicated approach is arguably a more rugged mounting system, mounts lower relative to the bore, but greatly limits your optic choices. I've seen some debate as to whether the adapter approach imparts more recoil force to the optic, or if the dedicated mount better protects the optic if the firearm is dropped.

I do wonder whether the prospect of selling thousands of handgun optics to the military will mean manufacturers other than Leupold move to the Deltapoint footprint.

I also note that the Glock MHS entrant does not appear to have been equipped with the company's MOS system. I am curious as to what the actual optics requirement for the MHS was.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 10-19-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I also note that the Glock MHS entrant does not appear to have been equipped with the company's MOS system. I am curious as to what the actual optics requirement for the MHS was.

I don't think there was an optic requirement for the MHS. I think SIG was being forward leaning with the design of the MHS and the P320.

The adapter plate approach is well represented by the Glock MOS and Smith & Wesson CORE models - a relatively large pocket milled in the slide designed to accept an interface plate compatible with a particular optic (RMR, DP Pro, etc). A dedicated mount is exemplified by the SIG RX, a tailored pocket which will accept any optic you like as long as it is the SIG Romeo (or in the case of the MHS, a Leupold Deltapoint Pro).

We can debate the merits of each approach, but it boils down to the adapter plate offering a range of optic compatibility at the expense of an additional point of failure in the mounting system, as well as a higher overall optic due to the additional height of the interface plate. The dedicated approach is arguably a more rugged mounting system, mounts lower relative to the bore, but greatly limits your optic choices. I've seen some debate as to whether the adapter approach imparts more recoil force to the optic, or if the dedicated mount better protects the optic if the firearm is dropped.

I do wonder whether the prospect of selling thousands of handgun optics to the military will mean manufacturers other than Leupold move to the Deltapoint footprint.

Any idea whether the military is using BUIS with the DP Pro, perhaps with the Leupold optional rear sight that attaches to the optic in conjunction with a tall front sight?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    For those of us that don’t get it, could you elaborate?
    He probably actually knows the answer to the question posted by OP?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    PISTOL, 9MM: MK26 GEN4 WITH NIGHT SIGHTS (GNS) INSTALLED. STANDARD 5.5 POUND TRIGGER PULL, MARITIME SPRING CUPS, FACTORY INSTALLED EXTENDED SLIDE STOP, HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE CAPABLE. WEAPON SYSTEM COMMON ITEM LISTING INCLUDES: QTY OF 6, 10 ROUND MAGAZINES, MAGAZINE LOADER, CLEANING ROD, NYLON BORE BRUSH AND PISTOL CASE. H9D/SOCOM LOGISTICS HELP DESK: CML (859) 293-3114; DSN: 745-3114; TOLL FREE: 888-745-3114;
    Anyone else notice they list 10rd mags?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Anyone else notice they list 10rd mags?
    Mk26 is the G26 - 10 round mags standard

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Mk26 is the G26 - 10 round mags standard
    A good reminder that I shouldn’t post without coffee onboard...

User Tag List