Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 MOS now Mk27?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Optics and accessories progress. Look at how Optics and lasers for rifles have progressed since 1913 rails were introduced in the 1990's.
    That is a great point, being able to swap plates to hot swap optics or move to the latest and greatest keeps from having to spend extra money down the road and makes things convenient. I wonder how the plate mounting system holds up to hard use with those cats.
    Last edited by Mike C; 10-15-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are very mixed reports about the battery life. Some claim a few weeks others claim 6 months or more.
    The battery can also be changed on a delta point pro without tools in 2 seconds without loosing zero. I’d give up quite a bit of battery life for that instead of removing the sight completely to change the battery. Especially when batteries get changed on everything else during pcc’s and pci’s anyway.

Giggle giggle.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

This ain't new...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I have burned through batteries in a week in multiple DP Pro units. I believe they were Sony and Energizer brand batteries. I recently read of issues with various brand 2032 batteries, with the suggestion Duracell has the best duration. I got twenty Duracells from Amazon, have them in multiple DP Pro units, and am running them to failure to see what life I get out of them.

If I knew this was going to be a problem from the start, I would have created a log of each DP serial number, battery type, date installed and the date the battery failed. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm also a bit leery of the MOS adapter system. I had the plate loosen a bit and I wonder if that contributed to my only RMR failure (Trijicon promptly replaced the RMR). I never had a RMR failure with my L&M or ATEi milled slides. Small data sample to be sure.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm also a bit leery of the MOS adapter system. I had the plate loosen a bit and I wonder if that contributed to my only RMR failure (Trijicon promptly replaced the RMR). I never had a RMR failure with my L&M or ATEi milled slides. Small data sample to be sure.
    I had two plates loosen, until I started bathing the screws and bottom of the plates in blue loctite, after which no more problems.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had two plates loosen, until I started bathing the screws and bottom of the plates in blue loctite, after which no more problems.
    That sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I got twenty Duracells from Amazon, have them in multiple DP Pro units, and am running them to failure to see what life I get out of them.
    Let us know if there is really a difference in using the Duracells.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Giggle giggle.
    This is the only comment in this thread that’s worthwhile.

User Tag List