Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dive into the Sig Sauer P228

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I am in the market for a used P229 .40, would prefer a railed model with E2 grips. If anyone sees a real screamer of a deal, I'd appreciate a link. Also hate you for it since I'm trying not to spend money (ALMOST done with credit cards and student loans, SO close).

Recoil Gunworks has a police department marked very good condition P229R .357 Sig with police department markings and SRT trigger for about $500 that I am desperately trying to resist. I already have a case and a NIB factory magazine that would fit it, and I collect police-marked guns. If someone could buy that and save me the temptation that would be nice.
    Rumor has it there's a P229R in .357 with only 250 rounds through it on the EE right now...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I got the bottom one, but what did the top say?
    http://woai.iheart.com/articles/nati...deep-15560989/

'Cash Me Ousside' Girl Rolling Deep With Bodyguards Now

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    Rumor has it there's a P229R in .357 with only 250 rounds through it on the EE right now...
    Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby! Don't you put​ it on me!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I'm a big fan of the 228. It was my off duty gun when I was just starting, and I worked a lot of details to be able to lay out for it. They have achieved collectors/cult status with Sigophiles, and prices frequently reflect that. If I had to go back to it, I wouldn't feel ill armed.

Site Supporter
    This thread isn't helping me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have my West German P228 in hand Friday...it also happens to be NIB Have a set of Trijicon HD XRs, Hogue Extreme G10 grips, a SRT kit and an 18# Wolff hammer spring awaiting install. This will be my first West German Sig. I'm not a collector but I thought it would be interesting to own a gun as iconic as a classic Sig with some good history behind it. It won't be a safe queen
    Shoot more, post less...

Vending Machine Operator
    Was this that one that was just on GB?!

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I'll have my West German P228 in hand Friday...it also happens to be NIB Have a set of Trijicon HD XRs, Hogue Extreme G10 grips, a SRT kit and an 18# Wolff hammer spring awaiting install. This will be my first West German Sig. I'm not a collector but I thought it would be interesting to own a gun as iconic as a classic Sig with some good history behind it. It won't be a safe queen
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Was this that one that was just on GB?!

I caved. Drinking copious amounts the final night of bidding didn't help things. I figured it would be a longgg shot to come across another NIB W. German P228 for a semi-reasonable price. So I jumped on it.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 02-22-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

I had a Sig 228 in 9mm and it was a fine shooter, but I did not find a real use for it as it was way too heavy to carry and too short for competition.

My favorite old school Sig is the 225 which I enjoy as an accurate soft shooter and is also slim enough to be carried occasionally. Since my compact PX4 is now not compliant for CCP I am going to give it a shot and see how it does in competition.

All classic German Sigs give me the warm fuzzies! But I'll always have a special affinity for the 228. I was issued one for the academy that had 30K down the pipe. I carried it for the next 8 years on the job before eventually moving to a 226. The thing was a rattle trap but could still shoot sub 3" at 25 when it was "retired" nearing 80K. It took me quite a bit of work before I could shoot the full sized pistol as as well as that compact. I miss that ol' girl. 💕

User Tag List