Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dive into the Sig Sauer P228

Not sure if you’ve seen this but pretty good overview.

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDE2NTk...-sp2022-pistol

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I see this posted quite a bit and don’t doubt it. Not considering things like after market parts what are people’s opinions on the 2022? Meaning what are you giving up by picking a 2022 over a 229 or 226? @Sensei I’m especially interested in your opinion of the 2022 series for someone looking for the classic Sig series controls on a carry gun.
    The SP2022 is 75% of a P226 at 50% of the price. In other words, it’s a great value. It certainly doesn’t give up much to its all-metal cousins in terms of reliability. Durability is also pretty robust for a polymer framed gun (Sig used just enough metal in all the right places). In fact, you will probably appreciate the weight savings as an EDC gun.

Guys like me running an SRT in their P-series DA/SA guns will notice the differences in the triggers, but the SP2022’s is reasonable. I marginally prefer the Legacy P226 grip, and much prefer my Legion’s grip/control.
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-09-2019 at 11:19 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The SP2022 is 75% of a P226 at 50% of the price. In other words, it’s a great value. It certainly doesn’t give up much to its all-metal cousins in terms of reliability. Durability is also pretty robust for a polymer framed gun (Sig used just enough metal in all the right places). In fact, you will probably appreciate the weight savings as an EDC gun.

Guys like me running an SRT in their P-series DA/SA guns will notice the differences in the triggers, but the SP2022’s is reasonable. I marginally prefer the Legacy P226 grip, and much prefer my Legion’s grip/control.
    As I understand , the French Police contract basically paid for the tooling of the SP2022. If one is forced to choose a brand new Sig from a gun store at random with the hope it works out of the box, that’s the one to pick.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Any recommendations for combatting rust with the P228’s blued finished? Or would I get less of a headache having it re-finished?

After wearing it the other day I didn’t notice some moisture had accumulated on the left side and rusted it slightly. Luckily I was able to wipe it off with an oiled cleaning cloth and everything was fine.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Any recommendations for combatting rust with the P228’s blued finished? Or would I get less of a headache having it re-finished?

After wearing it the other day I didn’t notice some moisture had accumulated on the left side and rusted it slightly. Luckily I was able to wipe it off with an oiled cleaning cloth and everything was fine.
    I had good luck with a Sentry Solution Marine Tuff-Cloth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List