Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dive into the Sig Sauer P228

Dive into the Sig Sauer P228

I know the pitfalls of platform switching but just can’t help myself. I’ve recently discovered the P228 and have decided to give them a fair shake.

Attachment 13823

I’ve only put 350 rounds through one so far but I like how it handles. I installed some Trijicon HD sights and confirmed they hit about 2 inches low at 20 yds with top of front sight hold. I tend to like sights that hit a little low during slow fire accuracy strings because my hits usually rise a little when adding speed. I also fit a Bar sto barrel on this one since it was a piece together build. A little sanding to the grips and some added rubber to the front strap feels very solid. The JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster and mag carrier are also solid as expected. I may trim the guard down in the future as it hinders my initial grip at times.

Attachment 13824

Attachment 13825

One thing I don’t like is the grooved face triggers found on the pre ’94 228’s. I always swap out the grooved triggers on Glocks for the smooth style and will probably source some smooth faced ones for the Sigs. I’ve shot the short reach and short reset Sig triggers and actually prefer the stock feel.

Attachment 13826

Attachment 13827

Now that my training 228 is coming along, I had to add a couple more. I’m always stuck in the early ‘90’s it seems.

Attachment 13828

Attachment 13829

Attachment 13830

Sig makes some excellent guns. I only have 2 myself, but they'll be sticking around for a long time. Do you have any plans to add the SRT kits to your guns? I'm sure you're aware, but the Trijicon HDs are typically a "drive the dot" sight picture.

I'd love to find a mint West German specimen one day.
    Shoot more, post less...

The 228 is a great pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    ... Do you have any plans to add the SRT kits to your guns...
    No SRT for me. I like the stock triggers.

Lots of memories for me with the SIG 228.... my first one was back in '97/'98 and was a two-tone just like the one pictured here. Even this 1911 guy has a soft spot for them.
    Heirloom Preicison
    www.heirloomprecision.com

Classic Sigs are good shootin' pistols. The 228 was one of the best all around handguns ever.

If anyone's interested, there's a NIB West German P228 on Gunbroker now. 20 something bids and 2-3 days left. It'll be interesting to see what it goes for. Talk about a rare find.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 02-10-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Nice find. And good shooting. Really nice group at 10 yards. I had a beat up surplus P228 for a while. Shot fine. I ended selling it though.

Right now I've got an '88 P226 and a mid 2000's P239. The P239 never fails to impress at the range. One of my all time favorites.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 02-11-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Some goooood shooting can be done with a 228.

I want to say the very squared away Dr that used to teach for Insights had like 10 228s. Spares, you see.

User Tag List