Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIM Surplus gen 3 17 LE

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

AIM Surplus gen 3 17 LE

Got em for $379. If you’re committed to gen 3 (like myself) its a good deal.

https://aimsurplus.com/leo-trade-in-...-3-9mm-handgun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are great pistols at a great price. If you like the older, slicker black finish of the gen 3s and that smaller half moon cutout, this is the handgun for you.

So....even vs. retail on a gen 5 ....two more magazines plus no transfer fee....this is a good deal? That's about a Benjamin at most and the sights are probably dead. Not trying to be a dick just wondering.

Genuine question: Who is that a great price for? Which markets?

That's average street price for a used 17 in many shops and sporting goods stores in this region. And as Navin said, OEM night sights likely dimmed, shipping, transfer, more mags, etc...
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I do like older gen 3s but I honestly don’t think these police trade in deals are all that great.

A used gen 3 g17 with one magazine for 379? Plus it would be prudent to do a spring change add in two magazines and your at like around 450.

Might be better to spring for a new gun all together.

Edit: those guys above beat me to!
    Last edited by EVP; 04-06-2019 at 09:05 PM.

My local gun store had a lightly used Gen 4 17 for $400. I probably should have bought it but I was there buying a G34 from someone on Armslist. Another store in town has brand new gen 4's for $506. Just to get a 17 it's not that great. If you're partial to the gen 3's then go for it.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 04-06-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I said it’s a good deal, not a great deal. Even that’s generous...they’re just available now. I just like Gen 3’s. They’re not as common as they used to be in the used guns case, at least around here.

I’ve already got a bunch of mags, parts, and sights. If you had none of those and this is your first Glock, yeah maybe it’s not your best bet. But $380 for a frame, slide, and full parts kit isn’t the worst thing I’ve spent money on. Even if sights are dead they’re no worse than the junk plastic OEM. ‘Course I got my own sight pusher too. 😐

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    I said it’s a good deal, not a great deal. Even that’s generous...they’re just available now. I just like Gen 3’s. They’re not as common as they used to be in the used guns case, at least around here.

I’ve already got a bunch of mags, parts, and sights. If you had none of those and this is your first Glock, yeah maybe it’s not your best bet. But $380 for a frame, slide, and full parts kit isn’t the worst thing I’ve spent money on. Even if sights are dead they’re no worse than the junk plastic OEM. ‘Course I got my own sight pusher too. 😐
    Agreed. I've got a ton of parts/sights/etc. for Gen3 and earlier Glocks, so this wouldn't be a bad deal for a spare, a nightstand gun, or a test bed if I was still into cutting them up.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Not a Gen 3 fan so at that price I would pass.

I bought a police trade in G3 a couple years ago because there were no G3's around me and I was worried they would be discontinued. Now that G5's are out that doesn't concern me as much.

FWIW, and if you don't mind waiting, a very inexpensive way to get a Glock is to buy a GSSF certificate off BENOS (or win one yourself). Late in the summer when everyone has them you can probably get one for about $375.
    A71593

User Tag List