Thread: Texas Game Wardens - .40

Texas Game Wardens - .40

I was having fun at a charity shoot yesterday and several game wardens were in attendance with the Operation Game Thief trailer. One warden had some good stories, especially about several arrests made for poaching at the DFW airport. Hard to believe that people could think they would get away with shooting deer at one of the busiest airports in the U.S.

Anyway, to get back to the semi-auto forum, our (Texas) game wardens carry Glock 22s. But, word is that that department will soon be going 9mm as well.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

They've carried G22s for a long time, but I can see them following DPS.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    One warden had some good stories, especially about several arrests made for poaching at the DFW airport. Hard to believe that people could think they would get away with shooting deer at one of the busiest airports in the U.S.
    Deion Sanders was once arrested for poaching at DFW, fishing in one of the stock tanks. He is a bass fishing fiend and was/is known to keep bass rigs in his vehicles and hit up local stock tanks (old rock quarries) throughout the DFW area. He got caught at one on the SW side of the airport.

As for 4-legged animals, as an occasional Uber driver at DFW, I can tell you without a doubt there are some large deer in the airport, especially on the SW side, and up through Flower Mound along 2499. Lots of feral hogs too.

Some stonking large mule deer around Salt Lake Airport as well.

User Tag List