Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore OIS video

Baltimore OIS video

Background story

Watch this video and show it to people who say officers can't shoot people in the back.

#RESIST

Ma baby dindu nuffin

Y'all planted dat gun on eem.

Raciss pigs.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Just standing on the corner minding his own business, was turning his life around going in the Army AND college ( overachiever) to be an engineer

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Ma baby dindu nuffin

Y'all planted dat gun on eem.

Raciss pigs.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

it appears that the crim is presenting his right side to the officer at time of shot/s fired - what does that have to do with shooting in back?

great to see that LEO is victorious in this encounter.
    Last edited by fishing; 02-09-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post

it appears that the crim is presenting his right side to the officer at time of shot/s fired - what does that have to do with shooting in back?

I think LL is trying to say the officer would have been legally justified shooting the suspect while he was fleeing since the gun is clearly visible in his hand prior to the suspect turning and attempting to point the gun at the officer. In fact, it can be argued the officer unnecessarily placed himself, his partners and the public at risk by waiting to shoot.

Now, all of the above is true from a 4th amendment, Supreme Court case law standpoint. However, from a local political standpoint, what is legal and what is locally politically acceptable in liberal Maryland and racially charged Baltimore may be two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post

I'd say that it's blindingly obvious that the officer would have been justified if he had shot him in the back, not to mention that he should have since the perp almost had the drop on the officer.
    #RESIST

I'd hate to try and sell that in front of a jury today, especially in Baltimore, but, yeah, if the cops are chasing you and you don't drop the gun, you're an idiot.

That said, my first thought was "Holy crap, they need to gyro-stabilize these things!"
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Nice shot!

Insert joke about making an excellent shot during a massive earthquake here.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I'd hate to try and sell that in front of a jury today, especially in Baltimore, but, yeah, if the cops are chasing you and you don't drop the gun, you're an idiot.

That said, my first thought was "Holy crap, they need to gyro-stabilize these things!"
    Local political climate is an issue, however, the problem is if the suspect grabs a pedestrian as a hostage or tries to carjack someone to get away then you are damned for not shooting earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Local political climate is an issue, however, the problem is if the suspect grabs a pedestrian as a hostage or tries to carjack someone to get away then you are damned for not shooting earlier.
    I understand, would the jury? Would the mayor of Baltimore? Would BLM?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List