Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P320 in Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Tampa PD is another big outfit that just switched.
    When did that happen? I was under the impression it was an approved weapon but not issued.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Novato PD, California, made the switch last spring, I think. Traded in their Glock 22's for 9mm 320's.

Methuen Ma P320 full size 9mm

Westford Ma P-320 40 caliber
    Last edited by stinx; 02-11-2017 at 08:47 PM.

My Excel from around Sept 2015 had 160 entries. So this is about 1.5 yrs later and that number has grown so you have a lot more to add to your list. If this is for an agency purchase then contact Sig Sauer sales rep for your area and ask.

I wish!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    My Excel from around Sept 2015 had 160 entries. So this is about 1.5 yrs later and that number has grown so you have a lot more to add to your list. If this is for an agency purchase then contact Sig Sauer sales rep for your area and ask.
    I work for a security company. I wish they would issue me a p320 but the glock 19 is pretty standard for most people in my line of work. I'm mostly asking out of curiosity but if the time ever came for new guns I would use the gathered date for sure. Thanks everyone for all the replies btw

Sanford, FL, PD switched from 226's in .40 to the 320 last year.

About to update the list in the next couple days. It seems the most popular model is the full size in 9mm. Have any of the departments mention so far adopted the Compact or Carry? What about the sub-compact I haven't read anything about it being approved for use as a off duty gun by any of the departments.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    The aforementioned Novato, CA PD issues the compact to detectives, apparently (saw one on a detective at a takeover robbery scene yesterday). She is also one of their firearms instructors, and said they've been hugely happy with the switch from 3rd gen Glock 22's. As for off-duty, granted we can carry pretty much anything off duty at my agency (yep, even a Colt SAA if you wanted), but apparently the 320 sub compact is very popular with our new kids coming out of the Academy this last year or so.

ETA: it should be noted, the kids it's popular with think shooting a box of 50 rounds through their "off-duty gun" makes it good to go. Any suggestions that they should maybe train with that choice, since it's significantly different from their service pistol (SIG 226 R .40), are met with largely incomprehending stares. I don't push it......Hey, at least they're carrying a gun.
    Last edited by AMC; 02-21-2017 at 03:51 PM.

That's Scary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The aforementioned Novato, CA PD issues the compact to detectives, apparently (saw one on a detective at a takeover robbery scene yesterday). She is also one of their firearms instructors, and said they've been hugely happy with the switch from 3rd gen Glock 22's. As for off-duty, granted we can carry pretty much anything off duty at my agency (yep, even a Colt SAA if you wanted), but apparently the 320 sub compact is very popular with our new kids coming out of the Academy this last year or so.

ETA: it should be noted, the kids it's popular with think shooting a box of 50 rounds through their "off-duty gun" makes it good to go. Any suggestions that they should maybe train with that choice, since it's significantly different from their service pistol (SIG 226 R .40), are met with largely incomprehending stares. I don't push it......Hey, at least they're carrying a gun.
    I just work in security but I wont carry anything unless I've put a minimum of 350 rounds through it. I usually shoot 150 FMJ then 200 rounds of the chosen duty ammo.

This is merely my opinion and only my opinion: cops should be allowed to carry, within reason, handguns that they feel most safe having on their duty belts. However, I can understand rationale of a standardized duty handgun for all cops employed by an agency. But were it up to me, I'd allow cops to carry handguns, within reason, that cause them to feel most safe. After all, it's the cop responding to calls or stopping bad guys who knows what's right for him.

User Tag List