Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hickok45 M&P 2.0 video

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Interesting to see this pan out, but to be fair my VP9 with the right ammo looks like it's a howitzer filled with spoons. The accuracy thing has always been the Achilles's heel of the otherwise brilliant M&Ps, I'm curious if this was a lemon or what.
    "Howitzer filled with spoons."

That's the best thing I've heard all month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the video then bought one the same day, haha. The accuracy on my 2.0 9mm is pretty good, as good a H&K, glock, etc in my hands (averaging 3.5" ish 5 shot groups at 25 yds, supported). The grip is very different to me than the 1.0 (obviously). On the 1.0, there was still some finger adjustment going on between the time the gun came out of the holster and found the target. With the 2.0 stippling I find my fingers are "locked" into place when I get the gun out of the holster and I can't really move them. This is kind of good and bad.....I have to make sure I get my grip right on the initial part of the draw, on the other hand it makes it much less likely that I'll drop the gun or get a really loose grip imo. Also the gun does seem to stay put better under recoil with the new grip stippling. The trigger is definitely about 10-15% lighter than the M&P 1. My 2.0 measured 5.5 pounds out of the box whereas most stock M&P's 1's are about 6.5 ootb. I like the new slide release, it's easier to work reliably and the auto forwarding is gone. Weight is the same, it's within .25 oz of my full sized version 1 .40 (24.5 oz for the 2.0 and 24.25 oz for the 1, unloaded).

It's a pretty solid pistol in my opinion, I really wanted to wait for a 5" without the safety of or a compact but the ol' marketing worked on me. I was looking to make the switch from .40's to 9's anyway and was getting frustrated with conversion barrels. It's my 8th M&P (10th if you count the revolvers); it's probably time to start selling some of the old ones that I never shoot.

Only 330 rounds through the 2.0 so far, but no malfunctions (it was all 147 +p HST).
    Last edited by LSW; 02-22-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Did I understand him to say he's 6'8" (5:18 or so)? Dang!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SkippySanchez View Post
    Did I understand him to say he's 6'8" (5:18 or so)? Dang!
    Yes - his son is very tall as well

I'm not the shooter I was, but I've shot several M&Ps, and never noticed any accuracy issues. I don't really see why or how there would be any, unless you got the odd bad barrel.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    I'm not the shooter I was, but I've shot several M&Ps, and never noticed any accuracy issues.
    They're pretty well documented, dude.

I had two nines that were fine and one that struggled to keep them on an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper at 25 yards no matter what ammo you used. *shrug*
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    I'm not the shooter I was, but I've shot several M&Ps, and never noticed any accuracy issues. I don't really see why or how there would be any, unless you got the odd bad barrel.
    A very good causal explanation is in this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?8390-Apex-Barsto-barrel-M-amp-P-9mm. Start at post #20 and read all of the posts by Randy Lee.

There are several other threads documenting issues that vetted shooters working with large sample sizes had with M&P full size 9mms. Issues really only show up in 25 yard shooting and were particularly well documented by GJM and DocGKR in seperate threads.

Major caliber M&Ps and M&P 9 compacts were not affected.

I'd like to think that they fixed the 9mm accuracy problems with some of the design modifications on the 2.0 (randy said they tightened up some tolerances on the slide/barrel hood fit). My 2.0 9mm full shoots OK but the jury is still out since we don't have a large enough sample size yet.

Vending Machine Operator
    I'm following the M2.0 developments with growing interest. If it makes it a year without any catastrophic QC issues and the accuracy issues are largely addressed, I will buy one.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Issues really only show up in 25 yard shooting and were particularly well documented by GJM and DocGKR in seperate threads.
    Has anyone ever given a convincing reason why a gun that shoots an 8-inch group at 25 yards wouldn't also shoot a 4-inch group at 12.5 yards? Are the bullets not stabilizing?

User Tag List