Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on P2000 V2 springs

I'm coming from Sigs also. My biggest stumbling block with the LEM right now is how far back it breaks. I tend to anticipate the break a little bit and push shots a little low. I also figured out that my P2k seems to have more of a drive the dot POA/POI on 15 yards and in targets which is adding to the problem. This is with non tritium stock 3 dots.

I'm less than 1,000 rounds into this though. I'm really digging the pistol so far. I'm debating going ahead and swapping sights as I intend on this being a long term commitment. Fiber Dawson's are looking like an option.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post

The LEM is a strange mistress. If you can't love a long pull trigger or set a hard grip and just slap the shit out of it, you may be correct. Though, I highly suggest giving it more time. I'm pretty sure I'm a freak of nature, having fallen in love with the LEM pretty much immediately. The only thing I needed to learn to adjust to was resetting further out as I was transitioning from shooting mostly SIG with SRTs at the time.

It isn't for everyone, but if you find you still want to love it but just can't quite, the USP might best suit you. The reset is superior, IMO. And you can put match kit nonsense in them.
    Agreed. As you said, not everyone can deal with more than one type. I did HK45C/USPc 9mm yanks for six+ years. When I first got a P30 LEM, I thought the twice-as-long trigger pull was going to be a yuck. And then I spent the whole second day in Tom's class with it... and simply had ZERO issues. That, BTW, was about three years ago. I have since moved completely over to the P30SK.

IOW, I have zero problems between the two major differences. Yes, the P30 is a definite, noticeable slower amix. Some say that is a big difference. Could be. However, even as "soft" as I have gotten... I can still out-deal most shooters... particularly those who say they are "ready".

I really liked the Sig DA/SA from a shooting standpoint, I could naturally shoot it really well and never had any trouble with the transition on the range, or even when shooting competition. I've used Beretta, Sig, and H&K DA/SA guns and never really disliked any of 'em.

My problem was never a problem until the second fairly high stress event with a DA/SA. I'm not as cool as I thought I was and my second round got fired before I fully made an assessment and conscious decision to fire another round, on both occasions. Luckily, the second shot was warranted and went on target, but it was still unacceptable to me.

My 1911 comment was out of a little frustration yesterday and I am committed to using the LEM trigger as I think it really is the tool for me, I just want to be good proficient with it.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 02-09-2017 at 11:55 AM.

They should all come this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post

They should all come this way.
    Okay... What is a V4? I certainly believe that a V3 is NOT worth a shit (to me, anyway) against the V1. The V1 is pretty darn easy, at least the whole personal shit-load of those I have been using for well over a year of P30 and now two personal HK P30SK for over six months. This frigging chemo shit has dropped me like a used rubber in a couple of months, but I'm hanging tight as I can.

So... V4? Can you expand, please?

I don't know what a V4 is, but the 4.1 is the reduced pre-travel kit. I thought about it, but after reading what (I think) Dagga Boy wrote about it, I decided against it. The long travel is half of what I like about the LEM.

I ordered the springs to convert mine to a V1. I dry fired a V1 P30 a bit and liked it. I don't shoot from reset, I don't even try to worry with it. My finger comes all the way off the trigger.

The V2 is stiff. I'm in decent shape and about 50 dry fires has my forearm pumped!
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 02-11-2017 at 09:27 PM.

The difference in resting distance from trigger to the rear of the trigger guard on a CH4.1 is between 1-3mm. It' really not that big of a difference. Just enough really to provide a more optimal trigger finger placement for those with midget digits. The difference really is hard to quantify as it is such a small difference.

I put the V1 springs in my P2000 today and that ain't gonna work. It dropped the pull weight but the trigger would barely reset. If I rode the trigger out slowly, it would stop with the hammer about halfway back.

I put the heavy trigger spring back in with the light firing pin block and 12lb hammer spring and it just feels like a long travel Glock trigger now.

Workable.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I put the V1 springs in my P2000 today and that ain't gonna work. It dropped the pull weight but the trigger would barely reset. If I rode the trigger out slowly, it would stop with the hammer about halfway back.

I put the heavy trigger spring back in with the light firing pin block and 12lb hammer spring and it just feels like a long travel Glock trigger now.

Workable.
    Dry fire and shoot the piss out of it. A few thousand rounds and it will feel better than a long pull Glock. Mine almost feel like a longer pull PPQ trigger now, but less stage-y.

I went and shot it today for the first time since the lighter hammer and fpb springs. It made a considerable difference in ease of use.

I started shooting sloppy at 15 yards so I went and got a VP9 to compare with.

The VP was not the magic laser that did everything for me. It was easier to shoot at 15 yards, but I was considerably less comfortable with it at extreme close range. Slow fire, my groups with the VP were tight (for me(~4")) and centered, slow fire with the P2000 groups were tight and a little left. As long as I saw the front sight lift, both put rounds where they should have gone, the P2000 just requires a little more patience.

SHO and WHO has never been my strong suit. The VP was easier to shoot there. However, my last mag was shot WHO with the P2000 and I staged the trigger. Shot the whole mag into about 4" at 7 yards WHO, centered on the target, where I was aiming. I usually hit way low & right WHO and hold high & left to compensate. So that makes me feel like the trigger is something I can work and be proficient with.

I'm pretty big on having the ability to stop shooting as quickly and decisively as possible. The LEM provides a lot of feedback/time on the trigger press to change the decision. The VP is very unforgiving in that regard. Shooting from compressed/retention I was more comfortable with the P2000 but didn't shoot either considerably better.

After 182 rounds through the P2000 and 150 through the VP9 today, I'm firmly sold on the P2000 TLG LEM. Coming from a DA/SA I like the longer take-up and don't think I want the 4.1 kit.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 02-15-2017 at 04:49 PM.

User Tag List