Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on P2000 V2 springs

Question on P2000 V2 springs

I have a P2000 V2 that I am shooting right now and would like to try what I think is the TLG LEM springs, but I'm not sure exactly what the V2 P2000 comes with.

On the P30, the TLG springs are the firing pin block and hammer spring from a DA/SA. Correct?

I have seen comments that newer P2000s (mine is a 2016) with the V2 trigger come with the lighter (same as DA/SA P30) firing pin block spring.

If that is the case all I would need is the hammer spring from a DA/SA P30 or P2000?

Is there any reports of ignition reliability with the 12lb hammer spring?

I'm currently running the heavy TRS with the light FPB and the reduced power hammer on both a P30 and P2000 with 100% ignition for duty ammo and US factory loads. I very rarely, like 1% maybe, get a failure to pop from a Russian animal brand that always fires on the second strike.

I have no qualms running these springs for carry with quality duty loads. I also looooooove the feel of the trigger sprung this way.

Cool. Did the P2000 have the lighter FPB spring already or did you have to swap it in?

How do you like the P30? I have the hots for one.

I also have a newer V2 P2000. I have a light FPB on the way. I'll be out of town for a couple weeks so won't be able to install it anytime soon.

I did a lot of reading before I ordered one. The way I understand it the newer V2's have the heavier FPB spring and the heavier mainspring. Brownells didn't have the hammer spring so I'm going without it for now.

I used this chart before I decided to make a change.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refere...-variants.html

The trigger really isn't bad out of the box. Curious to see if the new spring makes it better.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I have a P2000 V2 that I am shooting right now and would like to try what I think is the TLG LEM springs, but I'm not sure exactly what the V2 P2000 comes with.

On the P30, the TLG springs are the firing pin block and hammer spring from a DA/SA. Correct?

I have seen comments that newer P2000s (mine is a 2016) with the V2 trigger come with the lighter (same as DA/SA P30) firing pin block spring.

If that is the case all I would need is the hammer spring from a DA/SA P30 or P2000?

Is there any reports of ignition reliability with the 12lb hammer spring?
    I ran a 10lbs hammer spring in three different guns and never so much as a hiccup. The one I still have has north of 8k through it since 10lb spring was installed. Combo of springs I used was V2 heavy TRS (219441), Light FPBS spring (209296) and custom 10lb hammer spring from HK Parts. TLG is Heavy TRS (219441), Light FPBS spring (209296) and standard V3 hammer spring (214300). If you want to go to TLG setup, yes you only need part number 214300. Make sure you order direct from HK. Much cheaper though slower to ship than HK Parts. Last thing to note is the leg on the P30/L series is different than the P2000. The leg that sits up against the back of the trigger is on the opposite side and one leg is longer than the other in order to retain the slide stop assembly.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-07-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I ran a 10lbs hammer spring in three different guns and never so much as a hiccup. The one I still have has north of 8k through it since 10lb spring was installed. Combo of springs I used was V2 heavy TRS (219441), Light FPBS spring (209296) and custom 10lb hammer spring from HK Parts. TLG is Heavy TRS (219441), Light FPBS spring (209296) and standard V3 hammer spring (214300). If you want to go to TLG setup, yes you only need part number 214300. Make sure you order direct from HK. Much cheaper though slower to ship than HK Parts. Last thing to note is the leg on the P30/L series is different than the P2000. The leg that sits up against the back of the trigger is on the opposite side and one leg is longer than the other in order to retain the slide stop assembly.
    According to the guys over at HK pro, the stock P2000 V2 comes with the standard FPBS spring 209962. So he would also need to order the Light 209296 FPBS spring. That's the spring I ordered.

It's possible that I'm reading the cart incorrectly but I don't think so. It was backed up by several other threads on HK Pro.

My post was assuming he was correct about the light fpbs being installed via factory. I have never seen that be the case but all of my P2K's were much older so I wasn't going to dispute that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a light FPB spring, 12lb hammer spring, and a few extra roll pins.

I hope this helps me shoot this gun a little better. I can make decent hits with it, but I have to go so slow with it I really don't think it would be an effective tool for me to use under stress. I honestly think I'm going to wind up back in a 1911 before it's all over with.

Cool. Did the P2000 have the lighter FPB spring already or did you have to swap it in?

How do you like the P30? I have the hots for one.
    I really dig it. I can reach out a bit better with it than the p2000, but find tracking the sights on the p2000 a bit easier.

I ordered a light FPB spring, 12lb hammer spring, and a few extra roll pins.

I hope this helps me shoot this gun a little better. I can make decent hits with it, but I have to go so slow with it I really don't think it would be an effective tool for me to use under stress. I honestly think I'm going to wind up back in a 1911 before it's all over with.
    The LEM is a strange mistress. If you can't love a long pull trigger or set a hard grip and just slap the shit out of it, you may be correct. Though, I highly suggest giving it more time. I'm pretty sure I'm a freak of nature, having fallen in love with the LEM pretty much immediately. The only thing I needed to learn to adjust to was resetting further out as I was transitioning from shooting mostly SIG with SRTs at the time.

It isn't for everyone, but if you find you still want to love it but just can't quite, the USP might best suit you. The reset is superior, IMO. And you can put match kit nonsense in them.

Question on P2000 V2 springs

GGI or Lazy Wolf is always an option, if you're willing to spend the coin. Both do amazing work with LEM guns. In my experience the reduced reset carry perfection package is worth it. Coupled with the 4.1 I imagine it's even a little better.

I think YVK has a few P30's with their work and the 4.1 parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-09-2017 at 05:22 AM.

User Tag List