Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Review Thread

Watching you guys it really comes together how damn hard it is to tell how decent someone is doing on video once the speed is there, aside from fumbling movement.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Match tonight. Need some constructive criticism (and likes.. I'm only human).

Luke I'm an FNG, but one thing I noticed, and it's just because I read about it the other night in Stoegers book, was on the second stage, when you drew, you ran to the shooting position with the gun pointed downward. Maybe keeping the gun higher will keep movement down and make getting on target faster. That second stage looked really cool!

Fun night!

Quote Originally Posted by Shootingrn View Post
    Luke I'm an FNG, but one thing I noticed, and it's just because I read about it the other night in Stoegers book, was on the second stage, when you drew, you ran to the shooting position with the gun pointed downward. Maybe keeping the gun higher will keep movement down and make getting on target faster. That second stage looked really cool!

Fun night!
    Hard to tell but the first entry after the draw is on very slick steal, I actually almost ate it right there. Some of that range is super slick making aggressive movements more challenging.

Thanks for the feed back! My entries definitely need work.
    i used to wannabe

Just want to say thank god for this forum, this is the best gun community on the internet, period.

I have progressed as a shooter more in these last 3 months than I did in the previous year, this place is the best kept secret on the web.

"I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    Just want to say thank god for this forum, this is the best gun community on the internet, period.

I have progressed as a shooter more in these last 3 months than I did in the previous year, this place is the best kept secret on the web.
    Sorry about the dead link, that youtube channel is axed in favor of a new, stronger approach to filming and journaling progress.

The statement still stands, this place is amazing and the people are top notch.

I was desperate for a AIWB holster for my P30L LEM thaty would accomidate a WML - I hijacked a P30 holster thread and Gabe from KSG Armory (https://ksgarmory.com/) swooped in and saved the day. He has designed the perfect AIWB holster for me and the fit & finish is off the charts! This is as good as it gets, fair pricing and the turn around time is amazing.

KSG is now my life long holster company.

KSG Armory and p-f - dragging me kicking and screaming up the pistol skills ladder!

Last edited by SsevenN; 03-17-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Videos R Fun

Made several videos yesterday and earlier in the week. Fun!

Did a little shooting on the move practice with a bowling pin before working with the training group. My new cell phone sure takes nicer quality video than my actual camera. Need to get a tripod mount for this thing...

Basic bowling pin.

Redid the same thing on paper to give me more feedback on the results of the shots I wasn't hitting the pin with.

Then I used intertwined shoot-no shoot pins to work on sensitive shots in short windows of time, both static and on the walk.

Finished with the Rambo Challenge from a couple of years ago. Here's what I posted in that thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Hmm. That's a tough one. Watching the scene it looks like the first guy is about 3 yards? Second two guys at 5 and 6 yards? The last two at 3.5 and 5 yards?
    I took a shot at this yesterday since I got some good practice done and then it was fun time before class.

Since the parameters weren't really nailed down, and Media Lab, Instructor Zero, and JJ Racaza all did it differently, I just went ahead and made some choices.

Distances were pretty close to what you suggested above. I put the center target at about 4 yards and just tried to place the rest correctly relative to the first one, so they were probably 5-7 yards or so.

I drew from concealment with a hands down start.

I was going to stand on two bowling pins as the unstable platform, but as soon as I got on them it seemed patently unsafe, so I compromised by standing on one bowling pin with my toes touching the ground. Definitely made it harder but wasn't going to make me fall in the middle of drawing or shooting.

I went with body-head on the first target and body shots on the rest.

First attempt was 2.56, with two close Cs. After a few tries I felt like I needed some help to go faster. I don't have a Rambo headband, but I wore the Karate Kid one that came with my Special Edition Karate Kid DVD. I think it helped. Best of eight attempts was 2.20, with two uglier Cs. Just couldn't get under two seconds...though only improving by .36 with a bunch of attempts made me feel better about the first try at 2.56.

Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Maybe someone can critique me this time. I already know I should have shot out of the 3rd position when moving to the last position. I probably should have gone straight to the top of the box in the first position, rather than step up. Anything else, or any thoughts on this in general would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOOw5h5Zclo

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Maybe someone can critique me this time. I already know I should have shot out of the 3rd position when moving to the last position. I probably should have gone straight to the top of the box in the first position, rather than step up. Anything else, or any thoughts on this in general would be appreciated.

First thing to move was your body, took a while for you to start the draw. Transitions could use some work.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    snip
    Insane.

Particularly the Rambo Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post

Looks good. Like we discussed earlier, your position entries looked good. Definitely working out of position 3 would improve your time a half second or so. You beat a solid GM on time, although he didn't have a perfect run, but even with one your time would have been almost identical.

User Tag List