Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Video Review Thread

Buying a timer and access to a range 1 mile from from home has pushed me to improve a great deal. Always looking for tips to help improve and learn. This is a G17.5 with about 1400 rounds fired. I find this pistol does everything decent and I'm liking it so far.

Today's session with the G17.5 started with a cold FAST run at 5.28. Also worked "The Test" several times and I seem to drop 1 in the 8 ring almost every time.

Dry fire from this morning. Trying to build a routine after taking 6 months off. Vids are slow-mo for evaluation purposes. Roast away gents!

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Alright...any thoughts fellas...I'm pretty damn slow and can't seem to figure how to get faster...

Am I wrong in assuming I'm a little slow breaking the shot after the mag is inserted

https://youtu.be/DG9nTq0xtGk
    https://youtu.be/35WJxc8Aons
    https://youtu.be/hGOgz1Qojo4
    Last edited by 45dotACP; 10-18-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Any advice in terms of wasted movement or inefficiencies I should focus on for the draw? I was chasing the timer which was set at 0.6 seconds par. Focusing on speed in this video. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Buying a timer and access to a range 1 mile from from home has pushed me to improve a great deal. Always looking for tips to help improve and learn. This is a G17.5 with about 1400 rounds fired. I find this pistol does everything decent and I'm liking it so far.

Today's session with the G17.5 started with a cold FAST run at 5.28. Also worked "The Test" several times and I seem to drop 1 in the 8 ring almost every time.
    Your reloads and follow up shots are extremely fast, very impressive, I think you could shave a good amount of time on your draw stroke, it seems to be the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Alright...any thoughts fellas...I'm pretty damn slow and can't seem to figure how to get faster...

Am I wrong in assuming I'm a little slow breaking the shot after the mag is inserted
    Everything sees in order from my point of view, great target acquisition after the reload.

Pretty happy with my times yesterday, round count has been very very low for almost two months, this was shot with a little more than a 3 week dry spell.

Last edited by SsevenN; 10-20-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Any advice in terms of wasted movement or inefficiencies I should focus on for the draw? I was chasing the timer which was set at 0.6 seconds par. Focusing on speed in this video. Thanks!

Dang dude. I haven't got much advice for you...you've got some serious speed and react to the beep crazy fast. Some of the best shooters in the world are clocking draws to a lower A zone at 0.7ish so depending on your hits I might suggest focusing in hitting alphas at that pace.

I suspect draws are a high hanging fruit for you tho lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

El Prez cold

https://vimeo.com/252815773

Can’t get the video to embed ugh maybe I did lol.
    Last edited by karmapolice; 01-25-2018 at 09:51 PM.

This thread seems super dead. Just the same I am hoping to get a little advice on how to clean up my draw. Looking to get under one second.
    Please let me know if you see anything to suggest for me to work on.

You just need to do everything more or less faster, which is exactly what was happening as your draw speed inched closer to 1.0 seconds. Reduced par time draws (ala Steve Anderson and Ben Stoeger), both dry and live fire, are very helpful for forcing you to push speed.

User Tag List