Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CCW vs 2 armed robbers

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Tom Givens has an excellent video of a tiny little Thai convenience store clerk performing a sidestep draw. The young man delivers a perfect whafu face right before he gets his ticket punched; it is worth the price of admission to Tom's class.
    Exactly what I was thinking of, JAD. The frame by frame is epic.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Not uncommon. One Justice Dept study said career criminals commit 20 felonies for every one they are ever charged with.
    I recall William Aprill saying most violent criminals commit their first felony around the age of 13, so I guess 20 felonies before they get caught shouldn't be as surprising as it is.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    "
    Authorities have reason to believe Dickerson and Richardson were involved in more than 20 other armed robberies, including one about an hour before Dickerson was killed
    "

wow.
    That was the quote that got me too. Except my reaction was, "Awesome. Removal of two career criminals from the street with one shooting."

In my perfect Libertarian world, everytime someone got robbed, they would smoke the would-be robber like a post-coitus cigarette. We wouldn't have crime problems for long.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That was the quote that got me too. Except my reaction was, "Awesome. Removal of two career criminals from the street with one shooting."

In my perfect Libertarian world, everytime someone got robbed, they would smoke the would-be robber like a post-coitus cigarette. We wouldn't have crime problems for long.
    In my perfect libertarian world, everyone would get one good educational beatdown for such nonsense before the open season tags got issued. But I like the way you think, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

execute all robbers? really?

Vending Machine Operator

CCW vs 2 armed robbers

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    execute all robbers? really?
    That's not what he said.

"Execute" implies the threat is over and then the choice is made to kill the person. Obviously wrong.

RR is saying it would be perfectly fine if every robber was justifiably gunned down in the course or attempting the robbery.

Very different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 02-24-2017 at 04:27 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    That's not what he said.

"Execute" implies the threat is over and then the choice is made to kill the person. Obviously wrong.

RR is saying it would be perfectly fine if every robber was justifiably gunned down in the course or attempting the robbery.

Very different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    let me rephrase then based on rr's post...

kill all robbers? really?

Site Supporter
    let me rephrase then based on rr's post...

kill all robbers? really?
    It would be great if all potential victims had the means and will to resist. If as a result of said resistance the robber is killed, well then it was their choices that led to that outcome.

If criminals knew there would always be a very high probability they would be severely injured or killed by their intended victims then those types of crimes would be greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    In my perfect libertarian world, everyone would get one good educational beatdown for such nonsense before the open season tags got issued. But I like the way you think, sir!
    Dragging this way OT but... if I may modify your words...

In my perfect libertarian world, everyone would get a good education

P
    curious about the bolded part above, you seem to have been triggered and your reaction is quite strong...

is it your take that there is no situation where a person who is carrying should deploy their pistol when faced with a situation that legally would warrant it?

my reaction is not as certain as yours, especially given the short description of the encounter by mr. williams.
    Dude... Suggest you find out exactly WHAT is a good... and what is not... signing/using open ammunition.

User Tag List