Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CCW vs 2 armed robbers

We've had a rash of armed robberies lately, and at least two involved people with CCWs. In one, the victim was strong arm robbed and beaten, and chose not to draw his gun. In another, the victim's wife was proned out and was being robbed by two suspects when the victim turned around and saw this, he drew his gun and they fled.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I like that accomplice murder charge law... That's like extra icing on a good cake.
    That is an awesome law
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    We've had a rash of armed robberies lately, and at least two involved people with CCWs. In one, the victim was strong arm robbed and beaten, and chose not to draw his gun. In another, the victim's wife was proned out and was being robbed by two suspects when the victim turned around and saw this, he drew his gun and they fled.
    ... " ...chose not to draw his gun." Well, quit carrying one you moron.

#2 is the right way. What is really strange, particularly since most of the citizen carriers- while they would NEVER admit it, whether they know it or not- will not use their piece.

I bet his draw is not lightning fast...yet he crushed two guys almost 50 years younger. Good show!

Good statement on the part of the law as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I bet his draw is not lightning fast...yet he crushed two guys almost 50 years younger. Good show!

Good statement on the part of the law as well.
    I know my draw slowed down when i got old.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

#2 is the right way. What is really strange, particularly since most of the citizen carriers- while they would NEVER admit it, whether they know it or not- will not use their piece.

curious about the bolded part above, you seem to have been triggered and your reaction is quite strong...

is it your take that there is no situation where a person who is carrying should deploy their pistol when faced with a situation that legally would warrant it?

my reaction is not as certain as yours, especially given the short description of the encounter by mr. williams.

whats your take on the whole "dont draw on a drawn gun" thing? what if the victim in the aforementioned case was blindsided and hit in the head with a pipe etc?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

I'd be willing to bet the reluctance to draw on his attacker stems from how it'd look for him to shoot an "unarmed" assailant. Certainly presents its own set of worries for the average carrier.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Not uncommon. One Justice Dept study said career criminals commit 20 felonies for every one they are ever charged with.
    Also goes to show how much more experienced with robberies the robbers are compared to the robbery victims ( or same for any other crimes) and just how much the odds can be stacked against us and the need for consistent and continued training and practice in handling situations!

Quote Originally Posted by valian View Post
    Also goes to show how much more experienced with robberies the robbers are compared to the robbery victims ( or same for any other crimes) and just how much the odds can be stacked against us and the need for consistent and continued training and practice in handling situations!
    We must be aware that this can cut both ways, as Tom has pointed out in the past.

Most strong-arm guys are used to being given what they are demanding or seeing the person tuck tail and Nike. While you may be in a really tough spot if you are targeted by a truly hard dude, most just do not accept the reality you will pull a gun and ventilate them (just like most people can't fathom being strong-armed filling up their tank).

Tom Givens has an excellent video of a tiny little Thai convenience store clerk performing a sidestep draw. The young man delivers a perfect whafu face right before he gets his ticket punched; it is worth the price of admission to Tom's class.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List