Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comp-Tac Two O'Clock Holster

Is there a specific body type for AIWB. I am 5'7" and wear a 36-30 pants. I tried put my PPS in a simulated AIWB and dont see a P30 fitting and being comfortable, thoughts and opinins?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    It doesn't have a lot of the features of a dedicated AIWB that help to tuck the butt of the gun well, but I haven't had any problems with people spotting my gun.
    You also have a body type that is less dependent on that capability than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikuraba29 View Post
    Is there a specific body type for AIWB. I am 5'7" and wear a 36-30 pants. I tried put my PPS in a simulated AIWB and dont see a P30 fitting and being comfortable, thoughts and opinins?
    AIWB won't work for everyone but with a good holster it works for a lot of people you'd think were ill-shaped. I have no idea what a 'simulated AIWB' is but I'm guessing it doesn't have the features that make a good AIWB holster work so well.

"AIWB won't work for everyone but with a good holster it works for a lot of people you'd think were ill-shaped. I have no idea what a 'simulated AIWB' is but I'm guessing it doesn't have the features that make a good AIWB holster work so well."

What ARE the features that make a good AIWB holster?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mongooseman View Post
    What ARE the features that make a good AIWB holster?
    My list:

Straight drop
    High enough to allow a good grip
    A belt loop that helps pull the butt of the gun in to your body
    Leather backing for Kydex holsters - for comfort and heat protection

Our AIWB thread has more information on this:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...endix-Carry%29

Dale Fricke Archangel AIWB works great for me, ships within a week or so.
    HighNoon makes a decent leather AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    ... I have no idea what a 'simulated AIWB' is but I'm guessing it doesn't have the features that make a good AIWB holster work so well.
    I.e. I unloaded it and put it down the front of pants and tried to climb into my suburban and sit in the drivers position. Not the real thing, as having a true AIWB was just trying to get a feel for the carry method. Normally, I roll with a OWB and a sweater or jacket at my 3. o'clock.

S/F

I, like others, bought a 2 o'clock while I waited for my Shaggy. I bought it second hand and it came with the j-hook. My initial impression was that I hated it but it was going to have to do until my Shaggy arrived plus I didn't have any other IWBs for my 229R. I modified (chopped) the sweat guard and tweaked the j-hook so it would pull the butt of my pistol into my torso. I made it four months with it. If I hadn't modified it I couldn't stand using it. I learned that for me j-hooks suck for AIWB, a loop it much better and keeps the muzzle oriented downward. I've been using the Shaggy for about two months now and it's the cats meow. I regret not ordering two.

I have been using a Fist #17 for 7 months now.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/17.htm

It is a leather holster, adjustable cant and ride height. Could do a better job of tucking the grip in, but concealment has been just fine so far. $60, and I got mine in about 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Dale Fricke Archangel AIWB works great for me, ships within a week or so.
    HighNoon makes a decent leather AIWB.
    This looks promising. I think I'll give it a try. Anyone else have experience with it?
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'm assuming that by "readily available" we mean something other than a Garrity or CCC. If that's the case, I haven't found one so far that I would endorse. I've got two on the way (leather from 5 Shot, kydex from Cane & Derby) that I hope to T&E over the next couple of months.
    i'm interested to hear your review of the cane & derby holster. for the cost and wait times their AIWB and Pardus SSL have peaked my interest.

i had a friend who had the comptac 2oclock and sent it back right away.

User Tag List