Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comp-Tac Two O'Clock Holster

Site Supporter
    3 weeks on a Blade Tech IWB. With the judicious application of moleskin on the back of the holster you could likely change the profile enough to drive the butt of the gun back into the body. This was my "training" AIWB befor I got my Looper and Shaggy.

Site Supporter
    I mentioned in another thread I bought my Father a 2 o'clock from Comp-Tac (To get him something by Christmas).

I don't think he likes it, I didn't... but I also thought maybe I could adjust it/figure it out.

I also thought carrying small of the back was uncomfortable, at first.

It's an awkward thing carrying a gun, I don't think there's any way of getting around it for me.

Some ways are worse than others.

I'm going to try a different AIWB holster, maybe buy him a different one.

CCC Shaggy was what he had on order, but... it was delayed for 8 weeks, I figured they looked similar enough.

Apparently I was wrong.

ETA: I still carry just about daily (can't carry at my job, or at the gym), but I carry everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Not the best. If you want a zero cant holster in a hurry, look at the High Noon Public Secret. They go for $90.00 and you'll have it in a week.
    What don't you like about the Public Secret?
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

Quote Originally Posted by hombre gris View Post
    What don't you like about the Public Secret?
    I was endorsing the Public Secret and condemning the Two O'Clock. I love Comp-Tac products but they don't have a clue when it comes to AIWB.

Ok. I misunderstood what you said.

Was your experience with the Public Secret with the belt loops or the hook?
    Last edited by KentF; 03-10-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: To add question.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

Quote Originally Posted by hombre gris View Post
    Ok. I misunderstood what you said.

Was your experience with the Public Secret with the belt loops or the hook?
    Loops. I won't trust anything that uses hooks. I carry my P30 in it and transitioning to an HK45c.

The only "clip on" holster I trust is High Noon's.
    Their "reverse J" steel clip is solid.
    There is no way it will break or come off of a 1.5" belt.
    Trust me, I've tried.
    In fact I think High Noon's clip is stronger and more secure than their belt loops because they do not use "pull dot" snaps on their loops.
    The "Public Secret" is a good leather AIWB, but I actually prefer the "Hideaway" in horsehide because of it's smaller profile.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    This looks promising. I think I'll give it a try. Anyone else have experience with it?
    I just got an email back from Dale, he does not yet make holsters for the P30. The Archangel appeared to be (at a glance, anyway) the best readily available AIWB holster on the market. Oh well, I guess the wait continues...
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

User Tag List