Thread: Need Help .. AR 15

Need Help .. AR 15

My Son went through his last Chemotherapy treatment .... he is staying positive and looking to get an AR 15.
    I would be very appreciative of any help from the brain trust on this board.
    He sent me an email.

"I live in the so called Constitution state of Connecticut and was wondering if you guys could help she'd some light on my situation.

I want an AR 15, and I was originally looking at the Troy PAR . 223 wich I know is a pump action rifle and it is a good rifle at that but for some more money as in almost a grand or more, I know I can get legal pre ban ARs here in CT. Am I better off getting a pre ban Colt, Bushmaster etc. Or am I better of getting a legal CT AR lower and having one built. I also have my eye on a Pre Ban Mak 90 Norinco. I know that the Mak 90s are less money than the pre ban Colt ARs etc . Here in CT the prices for pre ban ARs are any were from $1,500.00 to $2,500.00. I am not sure what root to go, buy a pre ban or build my own? It's not just cost that concerns me, it's reliability, legality and a good rifle".*

Thanks

My mind just screamed at me scout rifle.. not sure why but it seems like a good idea for his situation.

It is going to cost quite a bit more but a pre-ban receiver would be a good idea and it is pretty easy to build something off of one.
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 02-05-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    I would go pre ban lower. It's an investment but you can configure it as you like.

Life is short for everyone - get what he wants.

Can't help on the ar questions, but congrats to your son for finishing chemo.

There is also the ARE SCR rifles, which allow you to have a semiauto.

https://fightlite.com/collections/scr-rifles

This allows you to swap uppers, which is one of the great benefits of the AR design.

Quote Originally Posted by Soggy View Post
    Can't help on the ar questions, but congrats to your son for finishing chemo.
    Thank you very much !

User Tag List