Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer P226 SAO Legion Review

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    But for a $11-1200 pistol, aren't you a little pissed that you needed a $245 trigger job and probably another $200 refinish? I'd be pissed.
    I'm more disappointed in the finish than pissed. I don't mind my guns looking used just this one is wearing particularly fast. Considering it's a PVD finish I was expecting something more along the lines of IonBond in its resilience but unfortunately not.

The trigger I was a bit more annoyed about. Had it been a nice trigger pull I could have just swapped in a lighter hammer spring and been on my way. The real let down for me was no direct support for SIG in resolving it. However, after getting the trigger worked over by The SIG Armorer I was really glad I had it done. The pre-travel reduction and other fine tuning he did made it significantly better than even my friend George's. In fact, after I told George how great the trigger job was he sent in the Legion he loaned me for a 2.25# trigger job.

It may be because I'm so used to 1911's and paying for custom work on them that it didn't bother me as much as someone who doesn't customize every pistol they buy. So I can appreciate someone else being quite dissatisfied with the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    I'm a Sig fan, been running the new 225 for a while and will continue to. Mine is wearing in the same spots from my kydex holster, but I've been using it for 7 months dry and live fire and it doesn't look as bad as yours.

I think I'd be pissed, but I'm not sure there are really any good alternatives to a SAO double stack so I can see how it would be worth it to someone who wanted that setup.
    Mine wore that way after one range session running drills.

You nailed it. There aren't many single action metal framed double stacks out there. Everything nowadays is usually polymer striker or metal framed DA/SA.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    Mine wore that way after one range session running drills.

You nailed it. There aren't many single action metal framed double stacks out there. Everything nowadays is usually polymer striker or metal framed DA/SA.
    Why not a hi power? I'd probably even go with a CZ 75 over a SIG for SAO, but thats obviously just my 0.02 USD on the matter... don't mean to be disparaging of your pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Why not a hi power? I'd probably even go with a CZ 75 over a SIG for SAO, but thats obviously just my 0.02 USD on the matter... don't mean to be disparaging of your pistol.
    They're certainly great pistols. Maybe shooting one would change my mind but I've just never warmed up the design. The biggest issue though is I don't believe either have a rail and that's a requirement for me.

They're certainly great pistols. Maybe shooting one would change my mind but I've just never warmed up the design. The biggest issue though is I don't believe either have a rail and that's a requirement for me.
    SP-01 or Jericho 941 might please ya
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    SP-01 or Jericho 941 might please ya
    They have single action versions?

For those interested in the accuracy capable with the Legion the results are here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Accuracy-Test

They have single action versions?
    Missed this earlier. They arent sao but they both have frame mounted safeties, not decockers, and i run them as sao
    Last edited by ReverendMeat; 02-27-2017 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Hate touch screens
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Sterling, you are great at this. Any mid-high end 1911s due a review?

Seriously, great stuff. Thanks!!!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Sterling, you are great at this. Any mid-high end 1911s due a review?

Seriously, great stuff. Thanks!!!
    Thanks, man. I'd love to review some, the problem is getting my hands on them! I'm currently on the 'buy then review' plan and only make so much money.

User Tag List