Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight Stories

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tusk212 View Post
    A few years ago I took my then 4 year old son to the "The Lego Movie". It was a matinee showing so it wasn't pack. About halfway through the movie a little boy a few rows away tried to stand up on his seat. As he stood up, the seat folded and one of his legs slipped between the seat cushion and seat back. Kid and grandfather both began to panic as he was stuck pretty good and they couldn't see. I walked over and lit up the seat using my E2D and we were able to get him out quickly.

It's precisely reasons like this ^^^^ that I'm never without one of my lights. From lighting up bgs to finding my bride's gloves in a pitch black parking lot to extricating a child's leg from a movie seat, there is no reason not to have one, 100% of the time.

Years back, I was working in an inner city clinic. I was halfway through a surgical extraction case, removing all four of a man's wisdom teeth. The operatory we were in had no windows. The power went out. I finished the fourth (and final) extraction with the light from my E2D, that my assistant held. The patient thought I was Inspector Gadget...as to him, the light seemed to come on instantly, and with blinding intensity. I started carrying a Petzl caving headlamp in my bag for those types of emergencies. I don't always have an assistant to hold the light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I carry a streamlight DS hl led on duty. It's the 800 lumen version and is super effective at making people uncomfortable.

There were many occasions during which I'd blast a guy with the light and have him show both his hands trying to block the beam.

One particular evening a local hood rodent decided that he was going to steal a bicycle. Except that the owner of the bicycle was still attached to it. After the robbery, he rode off. A co-worker saw him and gave chase, I ended up down the block waiting for him. I took my flashlight out and as he was riding up on the sidewalk I flashed him with the light with my left hand and ASPd him off the bike with my right. It was funny because he used both hands to block the light and ended up hitting a car after going out of control.
    I love cop stories with happy endings!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    The last use of force I had involved a Maglite and a common peroneal nerve. Ensign Thumpy perhaps?
    My last flashlight impact use was right to the centerline of the forehead of a gangster in a movie theater restroom. Kept trying to pick up the pistol that fell out of his waistband while my partner and I were fighting him. Funny how the eyes of someone "tonked" like that rattle about and then roll backwards as they go unconscious.

Site Supporter
    Semi-regular conversation with people who don't really know me:

They dropped something/lost something/etc and I lit up the involved space with my Surefire. We take care of business, and either during or after, they just stare at me and say, "And you just *happened* to have a flashlight."

"No, I didn't just happen to have a light. I *always* have a light."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Semi-regular conversation with people who don't really know me:

They dropped something/lost something/etc and I lit up the involved space with my Surefire. We take care of business, and either during or after, they just stare at me and say, "And you just *happened* to have a flashlight."

"No, I didn't just happen to have a light. I *always* have a light."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not a cat."
    I am so stealing that.

Hammertime
    During a dimly lit, crowded church service, an old guy goes down right next to me.

Quick check, no pulse, no breathing. Initiate CPR. Someone runs for the AED. When they get back with it it is so dark we can't see instructions.

Pause CPR.

Toss Zebralight to bystander who lights up the scene.

Continue CPR.

The guy revives! EMS transports him and he surprisingly lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I am so stealing that.
    You're not going to be the only one :-)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    My last flashlight impact use was right to the centerline of the forehead of a gangster in a movie theater restroom. Kept trying to pick up the pistol that fell out of his waistband while my partner and I were fighting him. Funny how the eyes of someone "tonked" like that rattle about and then roll backwards as they go unconscious.
    There is a very certain sound made by a Magcharger striking noggin that most folks will never know....
    Polite Professional

Like attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion....
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List