Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trex arms

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Or maybe it's just better to keep the pistol and magazines separate?

Seems like this is reinventing the wheel, making something for the sake of selling something, not because it brings something better to the market.
    This.

What started as one brands product is now attributed to someone else and made in a manner that draws question. Improvements made to it still carry the same limitations and still trace back to the initial concept... selling the customer more than one item and charging more.

Maybe I should sell a holster and mag combo tethered to each other with paracord and charge even more for pouch location flexibility it offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I know you are looking for one to test and not for a review, but the Raptor or whatever AIWB I had from them was absolutely terrible. Ride height was insane

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Maybe I should sell a holster and mag combo tethered to each other with paracord and charge even more for pouch location flexibility it offers
    As long as it's tactical paracord, cos you know, that 3mm stuff that REI sells maybe stronger and cheaper but it ain't tactical

The T-Rex website shows the owner wearing their Sidecar holster and he makes it look like a really good idea. But I am guess they are made to fit his body type and clearly they don't work well with most other body types. I have issues with hot spots at the muzzle of some AIWB holsters and my thought was that maybe having the mag pouch incorporated into the holster would spread the pressure over a bigger area and eliminate a small pressure point. But I think the general consensus is that there is no great benefit to attaching the mag pouch to the holster and they seem to only function well with a very small percentage of users. Also I am still confused about how one goes about maneuvering a "sidecar" holster in bathroom situations.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Trex arms

The attached mag does not spread the force over a different area, it changes the contact points and in some ways imparts new, greater, forces into the pelvic region.

They do happen to work for Lucas shaped people very well though.

Last edited by orionz06; 02-08-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I know you are looking for one to test and not for a review, but the Raptor or whatever AIWB I had from them was absolutely terrible. Ride height was insane
    Agreed. I too have that AIWB Raptor and it prints like crazy. On the plus side, its very comfortable when driving and fast to draw from. I keep it in my car now and for really long car trips I'll use it for the trip duration. I also find that it conceals decently under a fleece or hoodie but no where near as good as it should and not under a shirt. I let my buddy try it and he felt the same way.

That said, some people really love them.

They do happen to work for Lucas shaped people very well though.
    Im Lucas shape and it doesn't work for me very well.
    Last edited by Warped Mindless; 02-08-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post

Im Lucas shape and it doesn't work for me very well.

I tried! I don't wanna trash the guys stuff, he's making good money selling them and the standard response to me would be that I was jealous. They do work for some people but it's becoming a smaller and smaller group it seems.

I tried! I don't wanna trash the guys stuff, he's making good money selling them and the standard response to me would be that I was jealous. They do work for some people but it's becoming a smaller and smaller group it seems.

Telling the truth isn't trashing.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

To be fair my cousin has the trex arms sidecar rig and does like it. It still prints more than it should be he doesnt care and most people dont notice. Most of my friends who have tried T rex holsters arent fans though. Concealment aside, the "claw" attachment needs to bend in a 90 degree angle in my opinion as it doesn't put against the belt enough with its current angle. The claw/wing on JMCK and other alike holsters is much better. The fit and finish is just lacking a bit too IMO.

My Gcode Incog is still my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I have one. Wanna borrow it?
    Thanks dude, which one is it for? Tom was kind enough (or mean enough, I haven't decided yet) to send me one for the g17.

User Tag List