Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trex arms

I have one. It has some odd sharp corners and does not reek of craftsmanship. Once I rounded some edges and lowered the ride height it hides pretty well for me. The problem is I cannot take a leak with it on which pretty much precludes wearing it for anything more than a quick trip to the store, before coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I have one. It has some odd sharp corners and does not reek of craftsmanship. Once I rounded some edges and lowered the ride height it hides pretty well for me. The problem is I cannot take a leak with it on which pretty much precludes wearing it for anything more than a quick trip to the store, before coffee.
    Interesting. I have a different make of that style and can use a urinal with no problem.

I've been wanting to try a holster like this (not from TRex). But the clip for the mag being right on top of the mag always seemed like a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GabeNew View Post
    Interesting. I have a different make of that style and can use a urinal with no problem.
    Gabe,
    What are your thoughts on putting the clip for the mag either on the outside edge of the mag pouch or between the pistol and mag?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Who has a sidecar for a G19 or 17? I know they have been unfavorably reviewed here before, but I'm curious to try one. They don't even make them for my preferred set up, so I assure you, I'm not looking to switch. Just want to be able to give an informed opinion about it when people ask me.
    I have one. Wanna borrow it?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

The "sidecar" rig from alpha concealment is made a little differently and the mag side belt clip is to the side of it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I used one for a very short period of time and can attest to what others have said: poor overall quality (especially for the price), the ride height is too high, retention isnt really a thing, and the design is prone to cracking (mine did). My biggest beef with the design as a whole is the fact that you cant make adjustments to placement. You're stuck with the gun/magazine duo being in that exact spot. I'm sure it can work for some, but I'm a taller, slim/fit guy and it just plain didnt work out like others have (CCC, JM, CNC). I think it was Tier1Concealed who makes a similar design that incorporates a flexible piece between the gun and the magazine that is also detachable. I'd try that design before this one. Unrelated to the product but I really lost hope on the company after seeing what they've become on instagram/social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I've been wanting to try a holster like this (not from TRex). But the clip for the mag being right on top of the mag always seemed like a bad idea.

Gabe,
    What are your thoughts on putting the clip for the mag either on the outside edge of the mag pouch or between the pistol and mag?
    I put holes in the middle for that reason. It's not ideal, because the button for the pants often makes it bulge slightly. 1/2" can make it or break it for some of us. Can't really go out any farther with a clip, because it requires leaving material that would rub your leg. I do it with the strut and loop, because the loop doesn't have to ride at the same angle as the strut.

Site Supporter
    Printing like Guttenberg's Press!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reekus View Post
    flexible piece between the gun and the magazine
    I was just thinking that would be a good idea.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I was just thinking that would be a good idea.
    Or maybe it's just better to keep the pistol and magazines separate?

Seems like this is reinventing the wheel, making something for the sake of selling something, not because it brings something better to the market.

Given what people are saying re the quality of the product and customer service, this kinda makes sense to me, that said, I haven't used one to know if it is the next best thing since sliced bread.

User Tag List