Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trex arms

Trex arms

Who has a sidecar for a G19 or 17? I know they have been unfavorably reviewed here before, but I'm curious to try one. They don't even make them for my preferred set up, so I assure you, I'm not looking to switch. Just want to be able to give an informed opinion about it when people ask me.
    Last edited by SLG; 02-04-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Trex arms

I have tried one. It looked like I had a phone book shoved down my pants. It's comfortable to wear because it rides so high but it wasn't a concealment holster, at least for me. I'm pretty slim as well.

IMO it has potential but the design is poor. One of the clips rests right on the mag pouch and the clip alone prints too much for me.

It has a very high ride height and because of this it likes to tilt away from the body.

I'm not a holster expert. I've tried quite a few of jmck offerings, a ccc and a dark star gear. They were all leaps and bounds ahead of the sidecar in concealment.

It seems like the holster works really well for a specific body type (like the creators) but it didn't work for me.

Just one mans experience. Also another thing I didn't like was they have a zero return policy. If it prints too much or doesn't work for your body you're out of luck. Also no changing orders at any time.

ETA: I looked like these guys.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JCS; 02-04-2017 at 06:08 PM.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Just an FYI, any and all bad press about their products will be met with instant hate from several of their people.

There was a post on a big forum regarding the sidecar breaking in half due to fof type of use when the holster first came out from them and they attacked the poor guy relentlessly. The thread got locked it was bad. On IG they will block anyone who speaks poorly of them or their holster.

That's par for course with any company that makes junk and can't back up their products.

Post your impression, as I've been offered the holster from several people and turned it down, I can see the issues and I don't even want to try it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Just an FYI, any and all bad press about their products will be met with instant hate from several of their people.

There was a post on a big forum regarding the sidecar breaking in half due to fof type of use when the holster first came out from them and they attacked the poor guy relentlessly. The thread got locked it was bad. On IG they will block anyone who speaks poorly of them or their holster.

That's par for course with any company that makes junk and can't back up their products.

Post your impression, as I've been offered the holster from several people and turned it down, I can see the issues and I don't even want to try it.
    Link?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Link?
    Deleted. Wish I saved a screen shot.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have one for a 17. I haven't used it or even tried it on. I can send it to you. I'll put in in the mail on Monday.
    Thanks dude! I'll keep it nice and send it back before too long. Especially if it makes me look like those guys in the picture.

I have the sidecar and it works very well for my body type. I have zero issues printing, but I also have a buddy with one where it prints something awful and he hates his.

I also have two of their OWB holsters that I use for USPSA cause I like the fact that they can use Safariland mounts. I like the fact that I can use their holster with my RMR'ed glock.

I like their stuff. Even if Lucas is a little bit of a tard.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post

Wow. Besides for 1-2 of them, they are all printing something fierce. Doesn't necessarily look like a gun, but definitely like they just shoplifted half of aisle 4.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

I tried one of their regular IWB holsters a year or so back and was really unimpressed with the fit/finish, ridiculous ride height, and decidedly ambiguous retention.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Wow. Besides for 1-2 of them, they are all printing something fierce. Doesn't necessarily look like a gun, but definitely like they just shoplifted half of aisle 4.
    I've run into people who are so sold on AIWB that I think they pretend they aren't printing when I know they can see it in their peripheral vision... while looking up... in the dark...

User Tag List