Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Trex arms

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GabeNew View Post
    I can't say for sure that it's the holster (as it appears to be adjustable for ride height...?) but if you pay attention to all the fast draw wizards who use AIWB you'll notice their holsters are concealed in name only. Instructor Zero uses Bravo Concealment, I think, so take this as an observation of the industry. That's a function of setting it where it's easy to grab. Set up with a claw and wedge to really keep the grip in tight and watch the draw times go up! It's sad how the average viewer can detect speed or the lack thereof, but not notice that the holster is failing in it's first duty.
    The other Gabe being a bit of an exception, though I don't thing Instagram fame is his main goal in life.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Im not sure about the sidecar but my trex arms raptor is not adjustable in either cant or ride height. The claw on it is also useless as the angle isnt aggressive enough. It does make for a darn fast draw though. I use it in the winter when Im wearing a hoodie or fleece. Will still print but im ok with it. Forget about it in a tshirt though.

Why would you be ok with it printing? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of concealed carry?

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Why would you be ok with it printing? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of concealed carry?
    It doesnt print that much in a hoodie. Most people are obvlious and wouldnt notice if I had it out waving it around. Plus I have a permit and printing is not illegal here so I dont worry that much about it.

I took one look at these holsters when I first became aware of them and never thought of them again, for all the reasons previously mentioned.

Ironically, at the local gun show this past weekend, someone asked if I could make a holster "just like the TRex Side Car?" I simple told them I would not and pointed them at this thread for the reason. It always sounds like self aggrandizement when a holster maker bashes another maker's products. Even if the bashing is deserved.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 02-20-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    I took one look at these holsters when I first became aware of them and never thought of them again, for all the reasons prvious mentioned.

Ironically, at the local gun show this past weekend, someone asked if I could make a holster "just like the TRex Side Car?" I simple told them I would not and pointed them at this thread for the reason. It always sounds like self aggrandizement when a holster maker bashes another maker's products. Even if the bashing is deserved.
    That may be true, Rich, but few people know the potential weaknesses of a design as well as other makers and fortunately for us, those who have earned the respect of the members on this site have already proven themselves to not serve petty personal interests.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    T.Rex Arms 3 yard draw from concealment drill thread.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ment-challenge
    I'm not all that compared to many here, but I think that thread proves that you don't need the increased tenth of a second or so speed that the Sidecar offers. I did that cold with my holster I use everyday from real concealment.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GabeNew View Post
    I can't say for sure that it's the holster (as it appears to be adjustable for ride height...?) but if you pay attention to all the fast draw wizards who use AIWB you'll notice their holsters are concealed in name only. Instructor Zero uses Bravo Concealment, I think, so take this as an observation of the industry. That's a function of setting it where it's easy to grab. Set up with a claw and wedge to really keep the grip in tight and watch the draw times go up! It's sad how the average viewer can detect speed or the lack thereof, but not notice that the holster is failing in it's first duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    I took one look at these holsters when I first became aware of them and never thought of them again, for all the reasons prvious mentioned.

Is three considered a quorum?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm not all that compared to many here, but I think that thread proves that you don't need the increased tenth of a second or so speed that the Sidecar offers. I did that cold with my holster I use everyday from real concealment.
    With or without a white Russian?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    With or without a white Russian?
    The range is dry, happily I made it through the DTs
    #RESIST

User Tag List