Thread: Sig 1911 Armorers Course

Sig 1911 Armorers Course

Has anyone taken the Sig 1911 course? A local shop is bringing the class in this summer and I'm interested if it's worth attending. Do they cover traditional 1911s or stick to the Sig design?

Would appreciate any input

I took it in 2012. It's strictly detail strip/reassembly. Nothing was mentioned re: extractor tensioning, trigger jobs, fitting parts, etc.

Good to know thanks.

Not sure a detail strip class is what I am looking for especially with the tuition and vacation time I'd have to use.
    Last edited by Bratch; 02-04-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Site Supporter
    Take the Colt's class. We teach more than detail strip and assembly. Plus, Sig can't unfuck their Schwartz firing pin safety themselves, so how will they teach an armorer student to do it????
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Take the Colt's class. We teach more than detail strip and assembly. Plus, Sig can't unfuck their Schwartz firing pin safety themselves, so how will they teach an armorer student to do it????
    Colt Armorer Schedule
    These courses are restricted to ACTIVE Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military and Nuclear Security only.
    Last edited by Drang; 02-05-2017 at 01:25 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List