Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M...

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Forgive me if I'm incorrect, are you saying that the G42 and G43 are M series guns?
    The M series share many of the design features of the G42/43. Two pins, fire control changes, marking barrels, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    The M series share many of the design features of the G42/43. Two pins, fire control changes, marking barrels, etc...
    What do you mean by, "marking barrels"? Do you mean that regular G42 and G43 pistols mark bullets in individualistic ways?

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    What do you mean by, "marking barrels"? Do you mean that regular G42 and G43 pistols mark bullets in individualistic ways?
    I think that he means "barrel markings." I'm probably wrong as usual.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    I see, not labeled as such but physically "M Series"?
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Marking barrels, aka "Miami barrels" were an attempt to make forensics easier after a multi-officer Police Action. Traditional Glock barrels do not leave enough tool marks on the bullet to match bullet to gun reliably. You don't know who hit, basically, and if you go to Grand Jury or the like that info can matter.

I did not actually look down the barrel of the 17M when I shot it for evaluation, and won't have my personal issue for about another month. We were told they featured "traditional rifling and improved lock up" to improve accuracy. However being told something doesn't mean it's true, particularly in the intersection of sales and gov't acquisition.

My understanding from reading his previous posts is that PensFan has a lot more insight into what happens at GLOCK inc than most.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

http://www.guns.com/2016/08/16/more-...face-6-photos/

"He also notes the gun has a button rifled barrel with traditional lands and grooves, a departure from Glock’s polygonal rifling."

(Photo from link, by Military Arms Channel)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 4.04.08 PM.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  12.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Marking barrels, aka "Miami barrels" were an attempt to make forensics easier after a multi-officer Police Action. Traditional Glock barrels do not leave enough tool marks on the bullet to match bullet to gun reliably. You don't know who hit, basically, and if you go to Grand Jury or the like that info can matter.

I did not actually look down the barrel of the 17M when I shot it for evaluation, and won't have my personal issue for about another month. We were told they featured "traditional rifling and improved lock up" to improve accuracy. However being told something doesn't mean it's true, particularly in the intersection of sales and gov't acquisition.

I wasn't sure if he meant the "Miami" barrel or if he meant markings (stampings) on the outside of the barrel. If the former, this is the first time I've read that about the 42 and 43..

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I prefer the 17M/19M to the gen4's, however I see the M series as a slight evolution of the design with nothing earth shattering (unless you're a lefty). It definitely offers some improvements though.

Things about the M I like:
    -Ionbond DLC finish on slide and internals
    -The trigger is much better stock than gen4 and seems to be more forgiving. I haven't had a chance to play around with swapping springs and connectors, but I wouldn't do much to the M trigger as it comes from the factory. It feels comparable to a gen4 setup with a gen3 trigger bar, minus connector, and 5# striker spring.
    -Magwell - This will be better for USPSA production division when it's approved than it will be for duty/carry. The magwell is well done and does not negatively affect concealment.
    -Lack of Finger Grooves - This makes a bigger difference on the 19 frame than the full size frame for me.
    -Recessed barrel crown - Minor change but it's a nice option

Features I am neutral about:
    -Ambi slide release - I'm right handed though.
    -Scallop cut out on the front strap - I like this more on the 17 frame than the 19 frame
    -New magazine base plates
    When you do get a chance to open one up, would you mind letting us know what connector it has? I'm sure it is not a minus connector but I'm curios to know if they continued to use the dot connector or went with a new design. I'd also be curious to know if old generation connectors still work but I suppose that depends on what it currently uses...

Thanks for your time and the information you've provided!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PensFan
    The barrels are made on a mandrel, thus are not button or traditional land and groove rifling. The M gun barrels are Glock Marksman Barrels similar to the 42/43 with with a bit more accuracy built into the design.

User Tag List