Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M...

Put a few hundred rounds through several 17M and 19Ms today. While there are a few minor improvements a Glock is a Glock. Improved trigger, no finger grooves, ambi-slide stop, etc. All which make the gun a bit nicer but nothing that turns a major corner. I liked the beveled mag well and a higher profile slide stop. The lack of FGs is a long overdue improvement. If you like the Glock, you'll like this one better.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

They are no longer the company they once were. The rollout of the M and everything that has gone on with the FBI and Indy has been eye opening. They still turn out a decent product but there are other offerings that either equal or surpass the Glock stable. Losing the DOD and HSI contracts are going to have far larger effects than most here think.

Quote Originally Posted by Palisut View Post
    My agency made us swap out our G17M barrels for new ones per Glock company recommendation. Apparently another agency had reported issues with excessive fouling after high round counts. The new barrels have the same serial numbers as the old ones, and the old ones are being sent back, presumably for destruction. Whole thing is kinda weird.
    Ahhhh the corporate explanation for we found some defective barrels in XXX serial number range. We were as surprised as you guys, but your in luck we have new ones right here for you.

Excessive fouling?, interesting, my experience tells me to use a different ammo if fouling is causing that much of an issue, not replace the barrel....
    Maybe the forgot how to build traditional barrels since they have been manufacturing polygonal ones so long..

At least they didn't say limp wristing was causing the fouling issue.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 07-18-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    They are no longer the company they once were. The rollout of the M and everything that has gone on with the FBI and Indy has been eye opening. They still turn out a decent product but there are other offerings that either equal or surpass the Glock stable. Losing the DOD and HSI contracts are going to have far larger effects than most here think.
    The end result of all of this MAY result in Glock waking up and improving their product design.

They've been overtaken by HK, M&P, CZ, FN and SIG (though I'm not a fan of the P320).

I don't think Glock really wishes to invest the capital to develop a new pistol; they wish to remain the same and maximize their profit with what they have. There is no small risk to redesign their pistol: do you use the same magazine to make it backwards compatible or so you go steel?

I do know this: the CZ P10C would have been a damned near PERFECT Glock!

And that has to hurt.

They'll (eventually) shake off the cobwebs. Or at least I hope and pray they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    The end result of all of this MAY result in Glock waking up and improving their product design.

They've been overtaken by HK, M&P, CZ, FN and SIG (though I'm not a fan of the P320).

I don't think Glock really wishes to invest the capital to develop a new pistol; they wish to remain the same and maximize their profit with what they have. There is no small risk to redesign their pistol: do you use the same magazine to make it backwards compatible or so you go steel?

I do know this: the CZ P10C would have been a damned near PERFECT Glock!

And that has to hurt.

They'll (eventually) shake off the cobwebs. Or at least I hope and pray they do.

Apart from tweaking the ergos (remove finger grooves, trigger guard undercut, removing the hump), including steel sights from the factory, including the front serrations, and including the magwell, what exactly does Glock need to do to improve?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Glock 19M...

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Apart from tweaking the ergos (remove finger grooves, trigger guard undercut, removing the hump), including steel sights from the factory, including the front serrations, and including the magwell, what exactly does Glock need to do to improve?

That's the whole damned pistol!!

LOL!

The extractor design also does not lend itself easily to MIM. Either change the extractor or CNC the darned thing.

It sorely needs ambidextrous controls.

It needs a grip that can be easily changed - not the afterthought it has now.

Look at the CZ P10C. Glock could so easily have done this.

Last edited by Mjolnir; 07-18-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    That's the whole damned pistol!!

LOL!

The extractor design also does not lend itself easily to MIM. Either change the extractor or CNC the darned thing.

It sorely needs ambidextrous controls.

It needs a grip that can be easily changed - not the afterthought it has now.

Look at the CZ P10C. Glock could so easily have done this.

Eh, kinda but not really. What I just described is essentially what the 17M/19M is. Which means all they'd have to do is literally just start releasing that.

I'm ambivalent of ambi controls. Partly because I'm a righty, but partly because other leftys get along just fine with right handed pistols.

I do agree that the grip size options should be much less of an after thought. As it stands right now though the total lack of a backstrap on a G19 is just fine for me.

Eh, kinda but not really. What I just described is essentially what the 17M/19M is. Which means all they'd have to do is literally just start releasing that.

I'm ambivalent of ambi controls. Partly because I'm a righty, but partly because other leftys get along just fine with right handed pistols.

I do agree that the grip size options should be much less of an after thought. As it stands right now though the total lack of a backstrap on a G19 is just fine for me.

Keep believing that... this kind of thinking got them where they are today - sitting on a massive share of the market yet losing ground. It's like GM, Ford and Chrysler and it's 1969 all over again... if things don't change the bleeding will begin.

Now I LOVE firearms and I wish that they remain a SERIOUS competitor but they've not innovated while their competition has.

I'll ALWAYS have a Glock 19 because they are all over the place, easy to repair and inexpensive to repair.

If I am forced to live with a pistol and I'm wearing one it will NOT be a Glock but guess what will be loaded and holstered in my backpack? Glock 19.

Time for them to move the ball forward.

Except that the 17M seems to be having issue after issue. Total recall at first major LEO agency launch, now new serialized barrels for another agency with no explanation. Fouled barrels? Come on. Why anyone would want the M at this point is beyond me.

Last I heard, BTF was still a thing. Now their latest and greatest offerings aren't even being considered for personal sale. Seems like Glock needs to get off their high horse and start making some concerted effort or they're going to get left behind. I know they, and many loyal fans, don't believe that can ever happen, but neither did Colt, Walmart, or Home Depot. Glock themselves is living proof that someone can come along out of nowhere and steal the market. Innovate or die, it happens in every industry.

Seems the sharks are circling again

User Tag List