Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    More like cocky...
    *insert Kid Rock quote here*

There are a ton of folks with a reason to lie or at least obfuscate the matter, and plenty of people willing to jump on whatever validates their preconceived notions.

I'll just leave this, and it applies to basically anything related to procurement, private or public sector.

Don't believe "the brass", careers could stall based on decisions and results.
    Don't believe the rumor mill, it's about as accurate as the media. The highlights are mostly right, the details are unrecognizable to someone who knows the truth.
    Don't believe the manufacturer, that should be self evident, especially with "Perfection" as a marketing tool.
    Don't believe the absence of information is relevant. Some manufacturers are very good, and very quick, to wield the power of the NDA. When you get do get someone to talk, it's a big trust placed and burning them is a shitty thing to do.
    Don't believe some random asshole on the Internet, especially if he's a mammal in a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    *insert Kid Rock quote here*

Don't believe some random asshole on the Internet, especially if he's a mammal in a hat.
    I'm going with Dylan...

"Don't follow leaders, watch the parking meters...you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Why ?

JHC and I were talking about one of those dudes, who proved to be quite reliable. According to him, in February they started receiving them again, by lots of 50. They are waiting to receive all of their 17M before issuing them ? But you apparently know more about that so...

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/fb...s-glock?page=6
    Back to that link, IPDB322 provided an update that the process continues with a "so far so good" and tracking to issue in the future. Weak slide lock springs rumored to be the culprit.

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/fb...s-glock?page=7
    Last edited by JHC; 05-26-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Back to that link, IPDB322 provided an update that the process continues with a "so far so good" and tracking to issue in the future. Weak slide lock springs rumored to be the culprit.

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/fb...s-glock?page=7
    Thanks !

Site Supporter

Site Supporter
    An importer has been designated for Canucks who was 17Ms and 19Ms.

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/06/01...international/

We actually got a pair of 17M T&E's in at work recently. Interesting since we're a M&P9 agency. I wish they had also brought a 19M to T&E.

I managed to put 5 magazines through one. I found the Glock OEM metal night sights were actually serviceable. Not my preference, but I could live with them.

To me, the most noticeable change was the factory undercut behind the trigger guard. This really helped me to get my hand higher up on the grip. I noticed this change more so than the lack of finger groves. It would have been better to have a Gen4 Glock 17 also and to shoot them side by side. I was only able to shoot from 10 yards as there were others shooting on the range at the time. But no complaints with the accuracy. The flared magazine well was flared just enough to make a difference, but not too much so as to be an issue.

Overall, I really liked the gun, considering the short time I had to spend with it. If and when the 17/19M's become available through the Blue Label program, I'll probably buy one of each.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 06-01-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    We actually got a pair of 17M T&E's in at work recently. Interesting since we're a M&P9 agency. I wish they had also brought a 19M to T&E.

I managed to put 5 magazines through one. I found the Glock OEM metal night sights were actually serviceable. Not my preference, but I could live with them.

To me, the most noticeable change was the factory undercut behind the trigger guard. This really helped me to get my hand higher up on the grip. I noticed this change more so than the lack of finger groves. It would have been better to have a Gen4 Glock 17 also and to shoot them side by side. I was only able to shoot from 10 yards as there were others shooting on the range at the time. But no complaints with the accuracy. The flared magazine well was flared just enough to make a difference, but not too much so as to be an issue.
    There is not actually an undercut in the trigger guard. The difference is that your middle finger is no longer being forced up into the bottom of the trigger guard by the finger grooves.

Going to be needing a 34M

Got my issued 17M a few weeks ago. Very happy with it so far.
    The front sight it came with was .200 (tall) and the gun hit quite low. Switched it out with an identical, but shorter FS (.180) and it's dialled in now.

I had to make a very small modification to my Keeper, dowel rod+ sand paper and about 2 minutes. Easy, and does not affect using it with my other Glocks.
    Raven Phantoms work fine with it (cut lower than the ambi slide stop). ALS holsters work but fit a little tight due to the ambi stop sticking out the side. They wear in after a few draws. My JM kydex AIWB doesn't really get along with it, could probably mod it a little but haven't done so yet.

User Tag List