Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M...

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I'm curious if the half moon cut at the bottom of the front strap will cause irritation during live fire. On my regular Gen 4 19 my pinky is on that same spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Same here, that is the one thing about the 2nd gen G19/23 that bothers me when I'm shooting it. Because of that alone I have almost opted to pass on the 19M.
    Perhaps the 19M will make these baseplates from Pearce popular...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Hope they work out for you.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 02-04-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Is this an agency purchase or did you procure it on your own? I know my agency wants to purchase Glock 17m's but we were told the earliest would be summer.
    I'd wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'd wait.
    After reading the issues your agency had with the 17m, I definitely agree. However, in my agency my opinion is irrelevant.

For example, we are buying these new guns without ever seeing or handling them. And we will be issuing them out without ever T&E them beforehand. And on top of that, we are going with a new 9mm load that will never be test fired for function and reliability before being loaded up and put in a holster.

When these issues are brought up, I am told to shut my pie hole. To say I'm not optimistic about the outcome is an understatement. Hopefully no one gets seriously injured because of the lack of testing.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    After reading the issues your agency had with the 17m, I definitely agree. However, in my agency my opinion is irrelevant.

For example, we are buying these new guns without ever seeing or handling them. And we will be issuing them out without ever T&E them beforehand. And on top of that, we are going with a new 9mm load that will never be test fired for function and reliability before being loaded up and put in a holster.

When these issues are brought up, I am told to shut my pie hole. To say I'm not optimistic about the outcome is an understatement. Hopefully no one gets seriously injured because of the lack of testing.
    I know I am preaching to the choir, this seems like a terrible idea. I am not in LE, but testing/vetting any pistols that I own and intend to carry is one of the most important things I do - regardless of the reputation for reliability of a given make or model. I assume that your agency test-drives candidate vehicles before purchasing enough for a fleet - strikes me as fairly obvious to apply to the same principle to your firearms...

Damn, bud... ALL of that, put together at once, sounds like a first to me. And like you said... Frigging stupid.

Not surprising, I suppose. It was bound to happen eventually. Of course, problems like this (not properly making rookies get "learned" with an informal-to-them weapon BEFORE they work- for real) aren't new... But all of it once could well be a new issue, eh?

Site Supporter

Sounds like time for a formal email and memo from your association/union about the liability and potential hazards of issuing new safety gear without testing it for function and reliability first. That way you have them over a barrel if something goes wrong. Dagga Boy and I have both done it during our careers. Didn't make us popular, but taking care of the troops is job one, not popularity.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

You've already gotten advice from those who would have some worth hearing. I'll just chime in with my own "WTF?" observation.

It's their job to do what they do. It's your job to come home at night. Maybe your back-up gun can be an earlier generation G19 which you have personally vetted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    It's their job to do what they do. It's your job to come home at night. Maybe your back-up gun can be an earlier generation G19 which you have personally vetted.
    It's their JOB to take care of the citizens they serve and the cops who provide that protection. It's NOT their job to simply launch safety/emergency use equipment without verifying its efficacy.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List