Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Agreed. The initial word from on high though was agents could request a 17M in place of a 19M. Now those who bought a 19 end up with 2. Plus not everyone fits a 19M and may need a 17M. But yes, y'all had it worse. Hell, BP and I think CBP are still not permitted to carry a BUG. That to me is sad.
    Yup. CBP can carry what ever they want as long as its a GOV issued P2000 LEM 40. At least it has grip options.

Played with some dudes 19M. Meh. I would be much more interested in a 17M, but it is still lacking in some easy fixes that could be simple modifications provided from the manufacturer. But we have been saying that for a long time. Not to totally dig on Glock but they did have some forward thought. They could stand a good bit more forward thinking when it comes to a Gen 5. Not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Played with some dudes 19M. Meh. I would be much more interested in a 17M, but it is still lacking in some easy fixes that could be simple modifications provided from the manufacturer. But we have been saying that for a long time. Not to totally dig on Glock but they did have some forward thought. They could stand a good bit more forward thinking when it comes to a Gen 5. Not holding my breath.
    I'm curious what features Glock has had in some versions that you would like to see all in one version or your best Gen 5?

Me i would like to see the Gen 4 grip sans finger grooves, Gen 4 RSA,smooth face trigger, Gen 4 mag button and wedge front of slide cut with LCI extractor with MOS plate as an option. Basically a Gen 4 MOS with smooth face trigger in a 19 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yup. CBP can carry what ever they want as long as its a GOV issued P2000 LEM 40. At least it has grip options.
    The Marine side of CBP’s Air and Marine Operations (AMO) carry Glock 23’s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    The Marine side of CBP’s Air and Marine Operations (AMO) carry Glock 23’s
    My understanding was those were "obtained" before AMO returned to CBP and are therefore grandfathered. BORTAC has P30L's with the TLG LEM but they are drops in the bucket. Even so, they are restricted to the one .GOV issued gun.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My understanding was those were "obtained" before AMO returned to CBP and are therefore grandfathered. BORTAC has P30L's with the TLG LEM but they are drops in the bucket. Even so, they are restricted to the one .GOV issued gun.
    No their still buying them. In fact they just bought some Gen 4 23’s for an upcoming academy class.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I'm curious what features Glock has had in some versions that you would like to see all in one version or your best Gen 5?

Me i would like to see the Gen 4 grip sans finger grooves, Gen 4 RSA,smooth face trigger, Gen 4 mag button and wedge front of slide cut with LCI extractor with MOS plate as an option. Basically a Gen 4 MOS with smooth face trigger in a 19 I guess.
    The removal of the finger grooves, flare in the magwell and cutout on the frontstrap are all steps in the correct direction. I would also like to see;

- Front serrations that are not too close to the muzzle
    - Increased radius or dehorning around the sides of the bottom of the trigger guard
    - Larger trigger guard hole, by making space from the inner dimension.
    - Elimination of the hump on the backstrap whereas you could make up for that with the addition of backstraps if desired, especially on the 19.
    - Close the hole in the bottom of the grip to match the magwell flare
    - While not bad, the magazine release button can still be improved
    - A more pronounced slide lock, not a rear swept design, but more Vickers like
    - Flat face, straight trigger
    - MOS concept with cover plate as a standard feature
    - More space or a larger gap where the trigger guard meets the grip

But if they fixed all of these things, some people would be out of the Glocksmithing business.

There are pictures of an alleged Gen 5 on GlockTalk. No magwell (or at least it is more subtle) no cutout. Seems legit to me. It looks like the pictures of the 19M without the magwell and cutout I posted a few days ago.
    Last edited by Billy; 04-19-2017 at 03:35 AM.

So apparently the USMC "might" be getting Glock 19M, for its Raiders. I stumbled across this thread on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/USMC/commen...smc_glock_19m/

Military Arms Channel is the original source, but I can't access his patreon page, where the original picture was posted, and where there might be more information.
    I also came across the instagram page of a Marine armorer who basically said the same stuff and even posted pictures of an 19M.

Spoke to a Glock rep yesterday who said these are coming "soon." Hopefully soon is within the next couple months.

I'm on a waiting list at the local Glock distributor for a 19m.

User Tag List