Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Does this mean that they'll be manufacturing three different generations of guns at once (+ the occasional RTF/Vickers)? Wonder what they will phase out first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIG: "We are the king of SKUs!"
    Glock: "Hold my beer for a sec..."

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    ...how many guns would I get out of this exactly?
    follow-up question... do they have to be my kidneys?

...how many guns would I get out of this exactly?

I'd make the best deal I could for that first one...

ETA:

follow-up question... do they have to be my kidneys?

"Aha!!! Someone's using their noodle!"
    Last edited by blues; 03-01-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'll never understand how Glock can't roll out simple changes that work and in a timely manner.
    I suspect internal friction may be part of the problem. Speaking 100% hypothetically, let's say Management Team A wants to build a certain gun. Management Team B thinks it's too far off course. Even if there is no intentional sabotage, things get misinterpreted, resources don't get assigned, etc.

Mostly I want to cash in on people selling their Gen 4 guns in droves...
    I got a VERY lightly used PD trade in G17 gen 4 for $350 two years ago. So they have been out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Does this mean that they'll be manufacturing three different generations of guns at once (+ the occasional RTF/Vickers)? Wonder what they will phase out first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glock didn't want to continue the GEN3 once they introduced the GEN4, but the early issues with the GEN4 led to a clamor to retain the GEN3. I imagine Glock would much prefer to simply produce a single generation. Considering the need to fill existing contracts and backorders though, I imagine it will be sometime before the GEN3 or GEN4 completely sunsets.

Also, the GEN3/GEN4 guns have some internal small parts in common; the M series guns deviate further from the formula and seem to follow changes first introduced the G42/G43 pistols.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 03-01-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Glock didn't want to continue the GEN3 once they introduced the GEN4, but the early issues with the GEN4 led to a clamor to retain the GEN3. I imagine Glock would much prefer to simply produce a single generation. Considering the need to fill existing contracts and backorders though, I imagine it will be sometime before the GEN3 or GEN4 completely sunsets.

Also, the GEN3/GEN4 guns have some internal small parts in common; the M series guns deviate further from the formula and seem to follow changes first introduced the G42/G43 pistols.

Don't forget the California non-LEO market can only buy Gen 3 Glocks on the roster, that market is still pretty big.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

I really like the details of how my G42 is built and I wondered if Glock would incorporate these changes going forward. Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Don't forget the California non-LEO market can only buy Gen 3 Glocks on the roster, that market is still pretty big.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    This is the case for Massachusetts,as well.

Note that other firms are still producing legacy versions of their polymer pistols -S&W hasn't to my knowledge discontinued the Gen 1 M&P,and Springfield still imports the standard XD alongside the XDm.

Note that once the marginal cost of production is met for a manufactured good,every item produced and sold past that goal is pure profit. For Glock (and competitors) , why not keep making Gen 3s as long as there's demand and the tooling is paid off? hanks to the state legislatures of many anti gun areas, demand is guaranteed for the legacy gun.

For every Gen 3 sold ,that's extra marginal revenue which can be directed to other projects.

Such as a civilian sale Gen 5/M model,for instance.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List