Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M...

Found out today that there have been changes made to the 19M, and the FBI will be issuing the "19M 2020" in the future. The changes were proposed by Glock, not the FBI, and are considered "running enhancements" to the product line and had to be approved by the FBI.

Going forward, the half-moon cut will be removed and FCS will be added. There are several small changes internally, but the biggest is a design change to the barrel. The locking lug has been made slightly taller, which changes the timing and the barrel tilt. It's supposedly more accurate.

I've been assured that there were no issues with the existing 19M's, and that all the changes were proposed by Glock, not the Bureau.

A new version of the FBI G43 is coming as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Found out today that there have been changes made to the 19M, and the FBI will be issuing the "19M 2020" in the future. The changes were proposed by Glock, not the FBI, and are considered "running enhancements" to the product line and had to be approved by the FBI.

Going forward, the half-moon cut will be removed and FCS will be added. There are several small changes internally, but the biggest is a design change to the barrel. The locking lug has been made slightly taller, which changes the timing and the barrel tilt. It's supposedly more accurate.

I've been assured that there were no issues with the existing 19M's, and that all the changes were proposed by Glock, not the Bureau.

A new version of the FBI G43 is coming as well.
    It will be interesting to see the G43 update.

Also, it will be interesting to see if these are offered to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It will be interesting to see the G43 update.

Also, it will be interesting to see if these are offered to the general public.
    The FBI versions are purchased directly from Glock by individual agents. They're not available to the public.

I *think* the newest version has coated internals like the 19M and FCS, but I'm not positive on that.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

Another federal agency most definitely had accuracy issues with their Glock 19 pistols and it took an updated locking block to resolve...supposedly. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the FBI's "no issues" were more numerous than admitted.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Another federal agency most definitely had accuracy issues with their Glock 19 pistols and it took an updated locking block to resolve...supposedly. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the FBI's "no issues" were more numerous than admitted.
    The individuals I was in the conversation with would be more “in the know” about any problems with the 19M’s than literally anyone else in the bureau. I am 100% positive I would have been told about any other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Is there a way to tell if one has an updated locking block or not? We've had no such issues that I've heard of, and we have FBI-contract 19Ms, not the commercial versions. There was a delay in issuing them and rumors went nuts about possible problems, but this wasn't one of the rumors and eventually I had the chance to chat with our agent in charge of the program and he assured it was an admin issue and nothing wrong with the pistol. Was this done during a T&E phase prior to mass production/general issue?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Is there a way to tell if one has an updated locking block or not?
    Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to disassemble the gun and look at the locking block to see. I got to handle the gun minimally as the person it was issued to explained what his agency had encountered.

We've had no such issues that I've heard of, and we have FBI-contract 19Ms, not the commercial versions. There was a delay in issuing them and rumors went nuts about possible problems, but this wasn't one of the rumors and eventually I had the chance to chat with our agent in charge of the program and he assured it was an admin issue and nothing wrong with the pistol. Was this done during a T&E phase prior to mass production/general issue?
    As best I know it was being encountered in the initial stages of the guns getting to the hands of instructors in the organization. Transition and training was delayed significantly by lack of holsters and it was during this delay when the guns were being shot that some problem specimens came up, the armorers took a look, found the lack of barrel support issue, contacted Glock, and Glock moved on a fix.
    3/15/2016

FBI SWAT will be transitioning from the Gen4 G17 to the 19M5 MOS with Trijicon RMR's. They'll also have an aftermarket magwell.

HRT will continue using the 17M MOS with RMRs.
    Last edited by TC215; 01-06-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Hi

New here. I am seriously thinking about buying a Glock 19, being in people's republic of Kalifornia, I think I can only get the gen 3. I want to know any good of bad in terms of reliability and longevity of this model. I scanned through a few pages, just too long to go through all 59 pages.

Thanks

I think the only potential issue of significance with a Gen 3 G19 is when basically concurrent with the release of the Gen4 Glocks when Glock switched the extractor composition on the Gen 3's from cast to MIM (the "dip" extractor), which initially had some significant BTF issues. I believe that's subsequently been resolved, and an easy fix if you get one so afflicted would simply be to get a current production replacement extractor from Glock.

Best, Jon

User Tag List