Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M...

eh...never mind...
    Last edited by blues; 07-26-2017 at 03:12 PM. Reason: frivolity
    There's nothing civil about this war.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    The barrels are made on a mandrel, thus are not button or traditional land and groove rifling. The M gun barrels are Glock Marksman Barrels similar to the 42/43 with with a bit more accuracy built into the design.
    Lol autocorrect. Meant mandrel not the monkey.

There seems to be an assumption that FBI requested the conventional-hybrid-whatever rifling for marking purposes (ala the 'Miami' barrels) but such a requirement does not appear anywhere in the RFP. However, the RFP significantly weighted accuracy with service ammunition. The barrel seems designed towards meeting that requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    When you do get a chance to open one up, would you mind letting us know what connector it has? I'm sure it is not a minus connector but I'm curios to know if they continued to use the dot connector or went with a new design. I'd also be curious to know if old generation connectors still work but I suppose that depends on what it currently uses...
    The 'M' connector is coated; not sure if it is the same DLC used elsewhere in the design, but I don't think anyone will be polishing it. Not sure if the design itself changed. However, the position of the trigger spring is different in the 'M' pistols compared to GEN1/2/3/4, moving to the opposite side of the housing (similar to the G42/43). As Gio noted the trigger pull seems markedly improved between the coated connector and this altered spring architecture.

If you look closely you can see the repositioned trigger spring in this photo from Soldier Systems. The coated connector is harder to make out.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-26-2017 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Added picture
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    Lol autocorrect. Meant mandrel not the monkey.
    Monkey would have been more interesting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    However, the RFP significantly weighted accuracy with service ammunition. The barrel seems designed towards meeting that requirement.
    Mission accomplished on that end from what I've seen, heard, and during my limited trigger time.

I assume that Glock is still meloniting/Tuftriding/salt bath nitrocarburizing the slide and barrel THEN coating the slide with Tungsten Diamond Like Carbon.

If so, that's REALLY cool. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    When you do get a chance to open one up, would you mind letting us know what connector it has? I'm sure it is not a minus connector but I'm curios to know if they continued to use the dot connector or went with a new design. I'd also be curious to know if old generation connectors still work but I suppose that depends on what it currently uses...

Thanks for your time and the information you've provided!

It's a new connector that is exclusive to the M series guns. The connector is also coated in a black DLC type finish. I have not experimented but from looking at it I would assume that the new connector would work in gen3 and 4 guns and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I assume that Glock is still meloniting/Tuftriding/salt bath nitrocarburizing the slide and barrel THEN coating the slide with Tungsten Diamond Like Carbon.

If so, that's REALLY cool. [emoji41]

Man you are really upset with Glock.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 07-28-2017 at 03:40 PM.

I'm excited to hear the trigger is much improved. My agency will not allow any modification to the trigger components, not even a polish job. Must be factory Glock so this is promising.

I got an extended range session through a 19M this weekend for the first time, outside of just shooting a few qualification courses and slow fire accuracy testing.

The trigger definitely makes it more forgiving than typical glock triggers. 25 yd bill drills are my go-to drill for discerning real performance differences in various pistols. I shot these in the high 2's-low 3's second range from concealment and keeping about 80-90% of rounds in the A zone. When I missed the A, it was typically either just high into the C or just low, and I attribute that in part to getting used to the new sights. Almost no rounds went left or right of the A zone on these drills. My hits and consistency were on par with my USPSA G34 on the same drill at a comparable time.

With a trigger gauge, the 19M breaks at 3.75# at the bottom tip of the trigger or 5.25# at the middle of the trigger. I compared that to my gen4 G19 (w/ gen3 trigger bar), which breaks at 4.5# at the bottom tip and 6.0# in the middle. Something harder to measure is the actual feel of the trigger though. It seems to build toward the break point more consistently and it breaks earlier in the trigger movement. The reset feels slightly longer than the gen4 glock, probably because of the break point happening sooner in the overall path of trigger travel.

I like the lack of finger grooves and feel like the "glock knuckle" on my shooting hand middle finger was not as bothered by the grip as it is on a gen4 G19.

The scallop cut out on the front strap was digging into my strong hand pinky finger by the end of the range session, and I would imagine I'll be developing a new callous there.

There seems to be a lot of "proprietary" parts in these that are not going to be backward compatible with earlier gen guns. I would estimate there are only about 4-5 parts in the whole gun that will interchange with a gen4. I am wondering if an "M" trigger assembly will drop in a gen4 and work, but the M striker is completely different as well, so I'm not sure how it would interface with a gen4 striker.
    Last edited by Gio; 07-30-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Awesome write up Gio, thank you very much! I have a call into our department rep and hope to have either a 17M or 19M but the request is for the 17. After reading your thoughts on the pistol I'm very excited to get my hands on one. Word on the street is they may have them out for sale before the end of the year. One can hope...

User Tag List