Thread: 32 Revolver hypotheticals

32 Revolver hypotheticals

The wife's commandeered the TV so I'm surfing and thinking about guns with spinning parts in the middle. Was looking at Buffalo Bores website and saw a 32 Long 100 grain wadcutter that pumps out some pretty decent velocity. I'm on board with the 148 grain wadcutter load in 38 Special for the J frame. Now I'm wondering about the idea office thing like a Ruger 327 LCR with the advantage of one extra round of these in it.
    I had a really hot science teacher in high school so my physics is a little lacking. Would the smaller frontal area on a 32 wadcutter have the potential for better penetration than the 38 if they were traveling at the same speed or would the weight difference throw that off?
    I know this place is about serious thoughts and this definitely doesn't qualify for that. This is just random thoughts and questions, my wife's two Kleenex into a Hallmark movie and I'm chasing internet rabbits I reckon.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    You might want to ask this in ammo. I'd supplement your post by looking up the respective sectional densities.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I believe its been mentioned by Tam and a couple others, I don't recall the final analysis, though I think with decent ammo its a possible player. I'm curious on the question of viability also. I think its been mentioned as a geezer gun more than an alternative to 38, but my recollection of that point may be faulty.

Bullets with similar sectional densities, with similar construction and velocity, can reasonably be expected to penetrate to similar depths.

148 grain .357 = .166
    110 grain .32 = .140
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Do some searching. I know Chuck Haggard posted his ideas here.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter

Yea, I searched earlier and saw that one, started by me, yep, embarrassing. I remember making fun of my in laws for not realizing they had already seen a movie before until it was almost over. Karma is catching up to me big time.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

Site Supporter
    It's still a good question. I have two 32 revolvers - a 32 HR and a 327 - like them both. If I had to carry a revolver - given my sized hand - the 327 J frame 3 inch might be a choice.

User Tag List