Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: "What's quieting the silencer industry?"

Article: "What's quieting the silencer industry?"

http://www.recoilweb.com/whats-quiet...ry-126010.html

A perfect storm of bad news, good news, and overcrowding has caused a glitch in the fastest growing segment of the shooting industry – and silencer manufacturers are dealing with their first real market adjustment.
    #RESIST

Interesting analysis - TFB referenced the Recoil piece in this story about Silencerco.

TFB: BREAKING: SilencerCo Reduces Its Workforce
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Not going to say I didn't see it coming, I said when 41p came out that I will not buy anything once 41f comes around unless I absolutely need it. With that said in the middle of that whole mess Trump and HPA happened. I have several cans in a safe at a shop and was considering multiple sbrs. Now that HPA is even a remote reality, I'm not doing anything on the suppressor front other than waiting.

How can someone justify spending $200 per stamp and waiting closer to a year when the HPA can be randomly voted on and passed?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Interesting analysis - TFB referenced the Recoil piece in this story about Silencerco.

TFB: BREAKING: SilencerCo Reduces Its Workforce
    I know this is headed down a legislative path rather than executive, but somebody needs to play up the "killing small businesses!!!" angle with Trump and light a fire* or two.

*Figuratively, not Berkley protester style.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Not going to say I didn't see it coming, I said when 41p came out that I will not buy anything once 41f comes around unless I absolutely need it. With that said in the middle of that whole mess Trump and HPA happened. I have several cans in a safe at a shop and was considering multiple sbrs. Now that HPA is even a remote reality, I'm not doing anything on the suppressor front other than waiting.

How can someone justify spending $200 per stamp and waiting closer to a year when the HPA can be randomly voted on and passed?
    Because it may take years for supply to catch up with demand once the HPA passes and the HPA also has a tax refund for every can purchased after October 22, 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Because it may take years for supply to catch up with demand once the HPA passes and the HPA also has a tax refund for every can purchased after October 22, 2015.
    Supply, as in suppressors in stock?

No comment as to when HPA can pass?
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm buying cans now. I have some here in the safe, and seven more in the approval process.

If HPA passes, I hop in the car and go pick them up. If it does not, I've still got the cans coming.

The $200 fee is simply baksheesh for some hourly .gov employee to sign their name. Just like some other countries I have visited, it's merely the cost of doing business.

I pay it, and move on.

Because it may not pass. I've got plans for at least three more silencers and if I had the funds, I'd purchase them to morrow and start the paperwork. It may cost more, but sometimes you pay more to shoot today instead of waiting months for "a better deal"

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I know this is headed down a legislative path rather than executive, but somebody needs to play up the "killing small businesses!!!" angle with Trump and light a fire* or two
    Call your representative and tell them to get this bill out of committee and on to the floor for a vote before it dies. That will get the bill going quicker than waiting for the president to do something

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    It will only take years if silencer companies don't know how to make silencers. Silencers aren't difficult to make. If HPA passes, we'll not only see a rapid growth in demand but an explosion in offerings. One of the first things we'll see are cheaper, less durable silencers because in reality, they are consumable items
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

No comment as to when HPA can pass?
    Do you really think it will get to the floor for a vote soon? Other than confirmations I haven't seen much action in Congress, but let's say it gets to a vote. There is no saying it that it will be voted on in the form it was proposed. Changes and amendments happen. Or maybe the Republicans get slaughtered in '18. Or Trump is a one hit wonder. You get the idea.

SeriousStudent is on the right path. If you want it and you have the $, get it and don't look back.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Trump has been filling his campaign promises. His son is someone who is an advocate for the HPA and based on the interview Silencerco did with him, it would seem to me that this would be a top priority for his son. Maybe not year one, maybe not year two. Either way, like I said, I've got can's I already purchased. Do I want to go through the 41F hassle? Dump tax stamps and wait what would possibly be the time it takes for HPA to pass? Not really.

If I was the only one thinking this the can industry wouldn't be in the situation it is now.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List