Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Training in Saudia Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    That's why we have two hands.
    Left hand gets special flavoring

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-saudi-arabia/

Well, I'll pass on some of those. Now who will post the four rules as it we didn't know them?

Lots of 5.7 weapons.
    When I did my mandatory concealed carry class in my state the instructor had us shoot similar to that first picture, it wasn't my place to say anything but it seemed pretty silly to me.

It was all down hill from there, later on he would WALK IN FRONT OF US DOWN RANGE when doing live fire to teach us to "be aware of our surroundings"

Oh and he also made a brand new, first day ever shooting a pistol 20ish something girl cry and then completely ignored her. I helped her double up on her ear protection and she shook it off like a trooper.

Needless to say, I don't recommend his "class"
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Where's the vehicle based shooting segment?

Name:  Ml4zQnZl.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  40.7 KB

"I'm not looking at you...now I'm shooting you. I'm not looking at you...now I'm shooting you. I'm not looking at you...oh shit. I shot the wrong dude."

Site Supporter
    I try not to judge, it's hard for Americans to realize it's a different culture. I'm more like a not my monkey not my circus but after deploying to Kosovo and Iraq I can say they really think different and I don't want any part of it. I had way too many conversations with terps trying to understand their culture and had too many terps tell me what's wrong with the USA. I'll never forget being told Americans should beat out wives more, their views on homosexuality, pedopholia and rape are perverted to me but I was repeatedly told America is immoral. Not to mention Americans are murderers because we aim.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Not to mention Americans are murderers because we aim.
    but beheadings and crucifixions, no biggie

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Not to mention Americans are murderers because we aim.
    I'm not defending the statement, but in a tribal society war takes on a symbolic aspect. Sort of a kabuki theater. Everybody acts all brave, but all work to keep the danger down. The tribe can't afford to huge losses. Doing so weakens the tribe compared to all the other tribes. The western style of war is very different. War is costly; it's time away from farming and commerce. It's best to put it off until all other options are closed. The pick up your weapons and go to town. This is completely alien to macho, honor bound societies, where it's mostly show. A great example of this is the Pequot war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I'm not defending the statement, but in a tribal society war takes on a symbolic aspect. Sort of a kabuki theater. Everybody acts all brave, but all work to keep the danger down. The tribe can't afford to huge losses. Doing so weakens the tribe compared to all the other tribes. The western style of war is very different. War is costly; it's time away from farming and commerce. It's best to put it off until all other options are closed. The pick up your weapons and go to town. This is completely alien to macho, honor bound societies, where it's mostly show. A great example of this is the Pequot war.
    Correct on the tribal assessment. In November 2004, I saw two Iraqi cops (!) engage in a gunfight with each other on the south parking lot of the Iraqi Ministry of Interior in Baghdad. Cop #1 had an AK, while #2 had a Glock 19. They were about 50 feet apart and fired all their ammo from each weapon without hitting the other. Other cops showed up in mass, beat their asses and hauled them away all trussed up. So, 45 shots were fired and no hits and I was struck by the fact that they seemed to be missing each other on purpose. Same dynamic as john c explained in action.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

This is pretty interesting about not trying to actually hit each other. How does all this fit with blowing up large numbers of seemingly innocent bystanders with car bombs and suicide vests? My guess is its OK since all affected would probably deemed lower life forms by not being a member of the True Belief Way, or acceptable collateral damage and given a pass to heaven since they were of the correct True Belief Way.

Tried to change the last period to a question mark, but my computer is utterly unable to get a usable edit to happen.

User Tag List