Thread: Glock 19 Gen4 and a Advantage Arms conversion

Glock 19 Gen4 and a Advantage Arms conversion

Competition season is starting up again and my 9 years old has been shooting his Walther P22 in our local CCW matches.
    Due to the heavy P22 DA trigger we've been having him start every stage from low ready in SA mode.
    This year we're going to allow him to start holstered (he's VERY good with finger discipline, better than most adults).
    Obviously the P22 DA trigger is not going to work so I'm looking into a Gen 4 Glock 19 with the Advantage Arms .22 conversion.
    Gen 4 for the smaller grip (he can reach the trigger on a Gen 3, but it's a reach).
    Has anyone here run a conversion on their Gen 4?
    Good, bad, ugly?
    Better off with a Gen 3?
    In two years or so he'll be shooting 9mm, so that's also something to consider in gen 3 vs. 4.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Buddy of mine has a Gen4 G19 with the AA conversion. It ran fine for a while but IIRC the last time I talked to him he started encountering some double-feed issues. Feed issues are kind of to be expected with the AA kits, especially if you don't clean them often...at least in my experience. We tried several different mags and it didn't seem to improve the situation for him according to his reports. I told him to get in touch with AA and see what they say, but I haven't heard a status update since then.

Site Supporter
    Because of the light slide, and low power round, it's really important to not let your thumbs ride on the slide. That increased friction, slowing the slide, can induce a lot of malfunctions.

Clean it well, run it wet and use CCI Mini Mag ammo or some other ammo it likes.

We've long had a Gen 3 AA kit and it's run well with recommended ammo and WET with oil. Recently added a Gen 4 G17 kit and it runs at least as well or better for a couple hundred rounds so far.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List