Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twelve-year-old arrested in clerk's death

Twelve-year-old arrested in clerk's death

A 12-year-old boy faces capital murder and aggravated robbery charges for his alleged role in fatally shooting a store clerk about 2 a.m. Thursday at the Fouke, Ark., E-Z Mart clerk.
    http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news...-death/660009/

This hits on two big issues for me.

The first being the obvious, "If only the good guys had guns." I mean can you imagine. Then not only would that young woman be alive, but the store would not have been robbed. In a different world, those criminals probably won't have tried anything. Such a tragedy.

The second issue is kids with guns. I mean 12 years old. That is crazy. I can almost guarantee the kid will look like he is in his thirties when the picture gets out, but even still. There is the parenting issue, and then there is just the issue of how he got the gun? I doubt he just got it or someone gave it to him. And if that is how it happened, I would guess somewhere along the way, someone did not pay for it.

People need to do a better job of securing their firearms. All gun owners need to store their weapons in a safe, or at least hide them in a way that your average criminal will never suspect.

Guns are great protection, but they don't protect themselves.

Since this is in Mindset, gun carriers should be mentally prepared to shoot a threat no matter what it looks like. I sometimes use photo targets and when using one of a female with a gun, a friend said, "I don't want to shoot the girl." Threats come in all shapes and sizes.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Since this is in Mindset, gun carriers should be mentally prepared to shoot a threat no matter what it looks like... Threats come in all shapes and sizes.
    That is what I was thinking. We've got to get our head around that (before the time comes).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SSalas View Post
    This hits on two big issues for me.

The first being the obvious, "If only the good guys had guns." I mean can you imagine. Then not only would that young woman be alive, but the store would not have been robbed. In a different world, those criminals probably won't have tried anything. Such a tragedy.

The second issue is kids with guns. I mean 12 years old. That is crazy. I can almost guarantee the kid will look like he is in his thirties when the picture gets out, but even still. There is the parenting issue, and then there is just the issue of how he got the gun? I doubt he just got it or someone gave it to him. And if that is how it happened, I would guess somewhere along the way, someone did not pay for it.

People need to do a better job of securing their firearms. All gun owners need to store their weapons in a safe, or at least hide them in a way that your average criminal will never suspect.

Guns are great protection, but they don't protect themselves.
    You're making the assumption that he got the gun from home (or a friend's home). I'd bet that he used what is called a "community gun". Gangs will stash guns in various common locations in their hood for use by their members/associates. One of these turds will go get the gun, do his caper and then put it back in the stash location. Penalties for losing the gun are severe, which has led to gangsters shooting it out with police instead of simply throwing the gun during pursuit, which was the old MO.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Penalties for losing the gun are severe, which has led to gangsters shooting it out with police instead of simply throwing the gun during pursuit, which was the old MO.
    Worse than the penalties for losing a library book? (Someone once told me that guns are easier to get than books.)
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    This is just down the road for me. (I'm IT at the Texarkana Gazette.) A Gazette carrier found the body, Because of the child's age, very little is officially released. However, the story I got through the grapevine was that this was a case of mistaken identity. The kid was abused by his mother and a friend. He saw the young woman working in the store and thought it was the mothers friend. (It wasn't) He went home, got the gun then came back and killed her. He dumped the gun and went to school.
    There must have been video because they know who it was immediately and even how he was dressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Worse than the penalties for losing a library book? (Someone once told me that guns are easier to get than books.)
    Usually a shot in the leg (first offense) by the boss or his designate for losing the piece.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 02-11-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Usually a shot in the leg (first offense) by the boss or his designate for losing the piece.
    Nice to know that in this permissive society at least some organizations still maintain discipline.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    The kid was abused by his mother and a friend. He saw the young woman working in the store and thought it was the mothers friend. (It wasn't) He went home, got the gun then came back and killed her.
    So of the bright side, the kid has a lot of initiative. He just needs to work on his discrimination?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List