Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Multiple take home cruisers and officers' homes vandalized

My marked take home was burglarized in my driveway..... For y'all that park yours at home, I would highly suggest taking your guns and armor out nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    My marked take home was burglarized in my driveway..... For y'all that park yours at home, I would highly suggest taking your guns and armor out nightly.
    Our policy says that. When I had a plain pickup with a camper shell it wouldn't fit in the garage. I backed it up and moved all my SWAT gear inside.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    The main reason I don't park my Tahoe outside is that it tells people when you're not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hell, I'm not LE and that's a big one for me. In Florida, no one seemed to park their cars in the garage because the garages were full of junk. I couldn't park my car in the garage because an addition in the garage made the garage 6" too short to pull my car in.

Fast forward to 2 years ago and a requirement was that the house have a garage big enough for a Suburban or Crew Cab/Short Bed pickup with a topper. It seems to be a thing here in my area (no basements) that people have the same deal as they do in Florida, garages full of crap and the cars out in the driveway.

The neighbors even commented on that one time, "We never know when you're home or gone because you guys are one of the few houses that park in the garage."

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    I have a take home... though I live in an area very different than where that occurred....
    Take it for what it's worth, I live in a rural area in the south. Get thanked for my profession more times than I get insulted for it.
    Whitestown is twenty-something miles outside of Indy, in the middle of soybean and corn fields. It has a population under 3,000. The county it's in has open enrollment Gunsite classes taught on the Sheriff's Department range. I know, having grown up in Georgia, that there's this idea that everything north of the Mason-Dixon line is some weird Manhattan/Boston/Chicago hybrid, but it's not...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List