Thread: Athlon Scopes?

Site Supporter

Athlon Scopes?

Looking for feedback on the Athlon line of scopes. Seem to be extremely low priced "PRS" like scope opportunity. I picked up a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 recently and I am in the market for two more "PRS like" scopes - one for my Rem 700 LTR 308 and one for my 6.5Grendel AR. I will admit that I am all about the deal and hesitate paying more for the scope than I paid for the rifle - there, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Looking for feedback on the Athlon line of scopes. Seem to be extremely low priced "PRS" like scope opportunity. I picked up a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 recently and I am in the market for two more "PRS like" scopes - one for my Rem 700 LTR 308 and one for my 6.5Grendel AR. I will admit that I am all about the deal and hesitate paying more for the scope than I paid for the rifle - there, I said it.
    tried an argos on a backup-backup .308 rifle.
    poor design from factory (tiny screws used to hold turret caps) and ended up breaking after ~200 shots, no abuse (lens element or other piece was loose and rattling around in body of scope).
    returned and refunded. athlon customer service was pleasant and accommodating but I would not repeat.

supposedly they are ex bushnell? (or some other brand) guys who decided to start their own thing, much of their line is tweaked and rebranded chinese OEM stuff.

whats your budget? FFP a must? zoom range?

have you looked at used optics online from the forums?

Site Supporter
    Yes, I want FFP and I have already bought one used VVPST 6-24x50 FFP MILMIL. Continuing to watch for deals on VVPST, Burris XTR II, Bushnell DMR, etc. The Athlon caught my eye while hunting deals.

Yes, I want FFP and I have already bought one used VVPST 6-24x50 FFP MILMIL. Continuing to watch for deals on VVPST, Burris XTR II, Bushnell DMR, etc. The Athlon caught my eye while hunting deals.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Tact...s=bushnell+ffp

try finding one of these <$600. reasonably durable and great glass.

My experience has been excellent so far with an Argos BTR. I bought it after reading through the thread over at Snipers Hide where some guys really put it through the ringer (tracking, glass, turrets, etc) and compare it (complete with pics) with various Leupold's, Vortex's, Nightforce, etc. Some of these guys are serious long range snobs, some compete in events, but the Athlon still got highly recommended. The Argos, Midas, and Cronus in particular. Im looking to get a Ares for my next 700 build.

Just google "athlon snipershide" and itll be the first result, with various other threads as well. In the end, its all subjective. But so far, so good with Athlon. I wish them great success.
    Last edited by coN; 02-03-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Contact forum member CS Tactical, tell him what you're looking for. He'll probably find you what you want and give you a discount.

https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?12312-CS-Tactical
    #RESIST

Why not a Sightron SIII? I hear they have decent glass and track well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    For a budget scope that people actually use in PRS matches, I'd look at the Burris XTR II line. Give me a call at 916.670.1103 and I can give you a great price
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List