Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon light question

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    What do you consider acceptable?
    For years I ran a Comp-tac OWB (Glock) or a Blade-tech (1911). At some point after I acquired both, comp-tac discontinued their holster and Blade-tech changed their design. Eventually my X200/X300s were replaced by X300u's, necessitating a new holster.

Attempts to locate or commission a similar holster design have been unsuccessful. I have tried a number of other manufacturer's designs and while serviceable, they failed to meet my needs. Admittedly, I am pretty particular.
    C Class shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    For years I ran a Comp-tac OWB (Glock) or a Blade-tech (1911). At some point after I acquired both, comp-tac discontinued their holster and Blade-tech changed their design. Eventually my X200/X300s were replaced by X300u's, necessitating a new holster.

Attempts to locate or commission a similar holster design have been unsuccessful. I have tried a number of other manufacturer's designs and while serviceable, they failed to meet my needs. Admittedly, I am pretty particular.
    I haven't used either of those. I have been carrying with a light for almost a decade now and always come back to Raven OWB. For IWB I use JM Custom Kydex. Hell, I even had a light bearing kydex holster made for a shoulder rig just in case I need one. Lol! Of course what works for me won't work for everyone. Hate to hear you can't carry how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Do you by chance carry appendix?
    I am anxious to see what you've worked up for Glock + TLR2 G for appendix. I want to start working with lasers again, but I've broken almost CTC product I've tried. The ones for Glock suck anyway. Being able to appendix carry a TLG2 G would be pretty awesome. Being 5'11" and 160 pounds, I can't imagine how that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I am anxious to see what you've worked up for Glock + TLR2 G for appendix. I want to start working with lasers again, but I've broken almost CTC product I've tried. The ones for Glock suck anyway. Being able to appendix carry a TLG2 G would be pretty awesome. Being 5'11" and 160 pounds, I can't imagine how that's possible.
    I'm 5'6", 150 and have been carrying my G17 with TLR2 HL G for the past week. Every bit as comfortable as my Inforce version before, which was just as good as the bare gun before that. Concealment is also the same. I have put just under 1,000 rounds through the combo this week, and will add to it next week. I shot it last night in dusk and full dark, and the 800 lumens and green laser seemed like alien technology compared to my older models. Very impressive to use. Next week I'll also get to do some Southnarc special testing on it.

The only thing that will detract a little is that I have to break in a 19m tomorrow as well. :-)

I'll talk to Tony this weekend and I imagine that by the end of next week, he may be ready to release the holster.

Site Supporter
    Thanks everyone for your input. There may be a Rail Gun in my future -- this thread has me at least keeping an open mind to the idea.

This would be for my HD gun only -- I don't plan to put a light on my carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input. There may be a Rail Gun in my future -- this thread has me at least keeping an open mind to the idea.

This would be for my HD gun only -- I don't plan to put a light on my carry gun.
    That's pretty much where I've been in my thought process...but then I decided that I wanted the option to carry as well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's pretty much where I've been in my thought process...but then I decided that I wanted the option to carry as well.
    For duty use or personal/off-duty use?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    For duty use or personal/off-duty use?
    I'm retired from LE so it's all personal use now.

I added a light to my new G17 Gen 4 along with a gadget and HDs. I had intended it simply as a nightstand / HD gun but now that I've tried carrying it AIWB and found that it's not too bad at all, I'd like the option to carry it to supplement the G19 and G26 I've been carrying the past twenty plus years. (It's just too nice to spend all its time waiting for the sun to go down.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

All of the Streamlight HL models I have used have sufficient output that I can PID from a low ready no problem.

I think once you hit that 500 lumens point you are generally getting what you need for splash within a single room.

I don't generally carry w the WML, but I'm rarely buggering about at night in unlit and unfamiliar surroundings. My bed stand gun has a TLR-HL on it and it gives me enough splash even in my giant ass bedroom w concrete floors and eggshell walls.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I'm 5'6", 150 and have been carrying my G17 with TLR2 HL G for the past week. Every bit as comfortable as my Inforce version before, which was just as good as the bare gun before that. Concealment is also the same. I have put just under 1,000 rounds through the combo this week, and will add to it next week. I shot it last night in dusk and full dark, and the 800 lumens and green laser seemed like alien technology compared to my older models. Very impressive to use. Next week I'll also get to do some Southnarc special testing on it.

The only thing that will detract a little is that I have to break in a 19m tomorrow as well. :-)

I'll talk to Tony this weekend and I imagine that by the end of next week, he may be ready to release the holster.

Following with interest.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

User Tag List