Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 pmag

I just obtained 8 of these G26 pmags and tested them for function in my Gen 3 G26. They all ran without a problem in feeding. Getting the 12th round in the mag was tough. An additional note which is common with OEM mags was seating the mag with the slide forward required extract attention - more so than OEM types. I have run G17 mags and G19 as well as the 21 rounders. I have had no issues. I particularly like the ease of breaking them down for cleaning. You can use a 9mm bullet to take it down. I like them.

Have any of you gents who have the 15 round and up Magpul PMAGs for Glock run them in your 26?

I ask because in this review posted on 8541 Tactical the author points out having failures to feed with the 17 GL9 magazine when loaded into the G26.

The one issue we found with the Pmag 17 GL9 was when we attempted to use them in our 3rd Gen Glock 26. This G26 is one of my regular CCW handguns and has been extremely reliable with factory 17 and 10 round magazines. I could not get to it run a full magazine (rapid fire) with the GL9 without a failure. I attribute this to the short grip on the G26 forcing my hand down onto the magazine. There appears to be just enough of a size difference in the GL9 that pressure on the magazine can cause it to tilt in the pistol and cause a failure to feed.

After running hundreds of rounds, I can whole-heartedly recommend the Pmag 17 GL9 for Glock 17 and Glock 19 owners. To those G26 owners, I recommend sticking with the factory magazines until Magpul releases the Pmag 12 GL9.

This is causing me to reconsider my earlier rejection of the 12 round magazine. Even if I don't use them for carry, (unless thoroughly vetted), they would still save wear and tear on my OEM carry mags and potential equipment related issues when I train or perform my LEOSA qualifications.

Please share your own experience if you would.
    Last edited by blues; 02-05-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Have any of you gents who have the 15 round and up Magpul PMAGs for Glock run them in your 26?

I ask because in this review posted on 8541 Tactical the author points out having failures to feed with the 17 GL9 magazine when loaded into the G26.

This is causing me to reconsider my earlier rejection of the 12 round magazine. Even if I don't use them for carry, (unless thoroughly vetted), they would still save wear and tear on my OEM carry mags and potential equipment related issues when I train or perform my LEOSA qualifications.

Please share your own experience if you would.

I am carrying the new 12 rounder in the gun when I don't need that fraction smaller OEM 10 rounder. But my spares are OEM 19 and 17 mags.

I'll have to give the other MagPul sizes a try soon. I may have already but I'm not certain.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I am carrying the new 12 rounder in the gun when I don't need that fraction smaller OEM 10 rounder. But my spares are OEM 19 and 17 mags.

I'll have to give the other MagPul sizes a try soon. I may have already but I'm not certain.
    Thanks, J. I bought some of the 15 rounders back when I was recovering from my hand injury but I haven't had the opportunity to use them as yet. The 17 round variety I just ordered from Midway for the G17 are yet to be delivered.

I've gone back on the site and renewed the backorder for the 12s. I'll find a use for them one way or another so it won't be a wasted purchase.

I am definitely curious to see if this is an issue with the Magpuls...though a comment from one gent below the article I linked to states that he had no such hiccup after a training course using the 17 rounders in his G26.

I have 8 15 round and 5 17 round pmags.
    All of them have been perfect through two of my gen 4 g26 and two g19s. I've logged at least 4000 through pmags only.
    I did have one of their newer dated g17 mags that had a defective spring though. It did not have issues until my fourth or fifth range trip with that specific magazine.
    I'm lazy and have at least 8 to 10 mags already loaded before I shoot. They are also fully loaded immediately after range use. I still use them for the range only and carry the Glock mags.

Thanks, noguns. Good info. My 26 is a Gen 2.5 so eventually we'll see if that makes a difference or what was reported in the article was an anomaly.

No issues with pmag 17s and 15s in my gen4 G26.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    No issues with pmag 17s and 15s in my gen4 G26.
    Thank you, sir.

Put 200 rounds through the 2 pmags today at the indoor range. Gun and mags functioned no problem. It was a huge pain in the ass trying to get the 12thround in each magazine but I figure with more use that should go away. The magazine extension worked really well during more "rapid fire" strings. The gun has a tendency to want to muzzle dive on me when I'm shooting at a decent pace and when my palms get sweaty and the mag extension seemed to remedy that problem. Pretty happy with them overall.

I used these today and was a little disappointed. I shot 8 bill drills from my 26. 3/4 times it didn't go to slidelock. 2 times I didn't lock back on the last round and the third it stovepiped on the last round.

But, that extra grip is amazing. I shot very well (for me) with them. I'll keep testing them because I really would like to carry these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List