Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 pmag

I bought three of the MagPul 12's from them and two of the Glock 12 rounders from Brownells. The Glock flavor was almost twice the price.

When all arrived, I loaded the MagPuls with the advertised 12 rounds of Federal 115gr brass cased ammo without issue. In the Glock 12. Rounders, the best I could do was 11 rounds, I don't have a loader, but no amount of my thumb power was getting the 12th in. At this point, both models would lock in to two different G26s (a G2 & G4). It took some effort to seat, but solidly locked in. I let all of them set a week, still could not get 12 into the Glock 12s.

I took a systematic approach to testing each in each G26, slide forward , insert full magazine; slide lock, insert full magazine; reload after five, repeat; shoot to slide lock, etc. can provide specifics, but they both worked flawlessly in both G26s, save the inability to fully load the Glock 12s. Added a small amount of CorBon & Gold Dot 147gr as well, with no issues. Did about 150 rounds and called it. Reloaded all magazines (2 of each type) and waited a week again.

Still no luck on getting 12 in the Glock magazines. I repeated the course of fire, no failures to seat, load or lock back. The Glocks, on both G26s would occasionally "bite" the flesh of mu strong hand, at the bottom of the front of the grip, no such issue with the MagPuls.
    The Glocks added just a bit (<0.25") to the overall night of the G26, more than the MagPul, but enough that the G26s would not fit in a small lock box I sometimes use.

Short summary, since I use G19 magazines for reloads with the G26s, the 12 rounders add minimum value to daily use, for me, YMMV. The inability to load 12 into the Glock "12" round magazine and slightly greater overall height made them a no go for me. Thankfully, Brownells has a generous return policy. I've kept the MagPuls, at their price, I can keep the, and decide if they go into the EDC cycle after some more shooting.

Stay safe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by B0308 View Post
    Rounders, the best I could do was 11 rounds, I don't have a loader, but no amount of my thumb power was getting the 12th in. At this point, both models would lock in to two different G26s (a G2 & G4). It took some effort to seat, but solidly locked in. I let all of them set a week, still could not get 12 into the Glock 12s.

I took a systematic approach to testing each in each G26, slide forward , insert full magazine; slide lock, insert full magazine; reload after five, repeat; shoot to slide lock, etc. can provide specifics, but they both worked flawlessly in both G26s, save the inability to fully load the Glock 12s. Added a small amount of CorBon & Gold Dot 147gr as well, with no issues. Did about 150 rounds and called it. Reloaded all magazines (2 of each type) and waited a week again.

Still no luck on getting 12 in the Glock magazines. I repeated the course of fire, no failures to seat, load or lock back. The Glocks, on both G26s would occasionally "bite" the flesh of mu strong hand, at the bottom of the front of the grip, no such issue with the MagPuls.
    The Glocks added just a bit (<0.25") to the overall night of the G26, more than the MagPul, but enough that the G26s would not fit in a small lock box I sometimes use.

Short summary, since I use G19 magazines for reloads with the G26s, the 12 rounders add minimum value to daily use, for me, YMMV. The inability to load 12 into the Glock "12" round magazine and slightly greater overall height made them a no go for me. Thankfully, Brownells has a generous return policy. I've kept the MagPuls, at their price, I can keep the, and decide if they go into the EDC cycle after some more shooting.

Stay safe
    I ordered a couple the day they they appeared on Magpul's website. I have to really really struggle to get the 12th round in mine. I need a mag loader and a good hard surface to rest the mag on. Getting 12 in is possible, but it buggered up the feed lips on one mag. Personally, if these were about 2 mm longer to ease the amount of compression required, I think they'd be perfect. I've only put about 60 rounds through mine, but function was 100%. I was a little worried about extraction/ejection if I started with 12 in the mag, but the gun seems to work fine.

Regarding the factory 10+2 mags, I had one that I used for carry, and I looked down one day and realized that the +2 was starting to pull away from the mag body. I still use the factory 10+2s, but I'm sure to keep an eye on them, as I think they are more likely to fail than a mag without the +2 baseplate.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I ordered a couple the day they they appeared on Magpul's website. I have to really really struggle to get the 12th round in mine. I need a mag loader and a good hard surface to rest the mag on. Getting 12 in is possible, but it buggered up the feed lips on one mag. Personally, if these were about 2 mm longer to ease the amount of compression required, I think they'd be perfect. I've only put about 60 rounds through mine, but function was 100%. I was a little worried about extraction/ejection if I started with 12 in the mag, but the gun seems to work fine.

Regarding the factory 10+2 mags, I had one that I used for carry, and I looked down one day and realized that the +2 was starting to pull away from the mag body. I still use the factory 10+2s, but I'm sure to keep an eye on them, as I think they are more likely to fail than a mag without the +2 baseplate.
    Both of my Magpul 21 rounders are impossible to get the last round in.

The OEM plus 2 went through some revisions a few years, and they are better now. If you have a new one, then disregard. Either way, I'm sure they are les reliable than stock plate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Both of my Magpul 21 rounders are impossible to get the last round in.

The OEM plus 2 went through some revisions a few years, and they are better now. If you have a new one, then disregard. Either way, I'm sure they are les reliable than stock plate.
    That's good to know. I think I bought my problem in ~2011 and noticed the separation in ~2014. I'll have to check out a couple of newer ones. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    That's good to know. I think I bought my problem in ~2011 and noticed the separation in ~2014. I'll have to check out a couple of newer ones. Thanks.
    Well...I'm not sure when they were redesigned. Someone else here probably does. Either way, you may want a new one.

The current OEM (+) extension has been around for quite awhile now without revision.

The old design slid onto the bottom of the magazine tube and used only the tabs on the sidewall to keep it in place. Bumps and drops caused spontaneous disassembly, and it was largely unserviceable. The most recent version is GTG and in my experience takes as much abuse as the standard baseplate and insert. I have used them on subcompact magazines for years, more for the extra length in a pouch than the extra capacity. I have them on some G17 mags in go bags and vehicle kits that get banged around, too.

When people have brought me mags with OEM extensions that were slipping, they were either the old ones needing replacement or new ones with missing inserts. They aren't really a wear item. They either work, or don't.

Sidenote: If using the OEM extension, make sure you use the 11 coil spring in G17/22 mags, the 10 coil in G19/23. The 9 coil is still fine in the G26/27 mags as there is more than enough spring tension.
    Last edited by ST911; 02-04-2017 at 09:56 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

pangloss,

Hmm, my MagPul's were late 2016 purchase, all three have been easy to load fully by hand. Round 12 takes a little more effort that 11, but not tough at all. Not sure if they have changed from early production, or I just got lucky

Quote Originally Posted by B0308 View Post
    pangloss,

Hmm, my MagPul's were late 2016 purchase, all three have been easy to load fully by hand. Round 12 takes a little more effort that 11, but not tough at all. Not sure if they have changed from early production, or I just got lucky
    First time out, I didn't make the 12th. Second trip I could. They were stout.

I have not gotten the 21st in a 21 rounder either yet though.
    Last edited by JHC; 02-05-2017 at 07:21 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Would you guys feel comfortable carrying pmag in your g26? Even with a 21 round reload pmag? I intended on just using the aftermarket mags for range use, but I'm much better out of my holster with a mag pull 12 vs a factory 10 rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Would you guys feel comfortable carrying pmag in your g26? Even with a 21 round reload pmag? I intended on just using the aftermarket mags for range use, but I'm much better out of my holster with a mag pull 12 vs a factory 10 rounder.
    That's the reason I cancelled the back order. I don't really see myself carrying the PMAG in the 26 over the OEM 10 rounder for both concealment and potential reliability reasons. (Plus I was a bit put off by the several complaints I read about it being an 11 round mag on various sites.)

For range, I have a bunch of 15 round PMAGS and 17 round PMAGS. The 15 round mags are more ideally suited to my annual LEOSA qualifications. So, I see no real benefit to the 12 round PMAG if they aren't to be used for carry.

I'm guessing that the added grip supplied by the 12 round PMAG in a 26 would facilitate the draw but I've never felt particularly handicapped by the truncated grip on the 26 and usually equal or beat my qualification score with the 19.
    Last edited by blues; 02-05-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List