Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 pmag

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    I used these today and was a little disappointed. I shot 8 bill drills from my 26. 3/4 times it didn't go to slidelock. 2 times I didn't lock back on the last round and the third it stovepiped on the last round.

But, that extra grip is amazing. I shot very well (for me) with them. I'll keep testing them because I really would like to carry these.

Did it happen with both magazines or only one of the two you own?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Did it happen with both magazines or only one of the two you own?
    Both mags. One mag locked back once and didn't the second. The other mag didn't lock back then stovepiped.

I can't be 100% sure the lack of slidelock was mag related. I sometimes ride the slidelock with my grip.

Next time I'll purposely test this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Both mags. One mag locked back once and didn't the second. The other mag didn't lock back then stovepiped.

I can't be 100% sure the lack of slidelock was mag related. I sometimes ride the slidelock with my grip.

Next time I'll purposely test this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I have a few of these on backorder but they won't be here until early March apparently so hopefully there will be some more field reports on them in the interim.

Thanks, J. I bought some of the 15 rounders back when I was recovering from my hand injury but I haven't had the opportunity to use them as yet. The 17 round variety I just ordered from Midway for the G17 are yet to be delivered.

I've gone back on the site and renewed the backorder for the 12s. I'll find a use for them one way or another so it won't be a wasted purchase.

I am definitely curious to see if this is an issue with the Magpuls...though a comment from one gent below the article I linked to states that he had no such hiccup after a training course using the 17 rounders in his G26.
    MagPul 17 and 21 round mags ran like Champs in my G26 today.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

*deleted* (answered my own question)
    Last edited by blues; 02-12-2017 at 12:46 PM.

got around to taking photos

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Took my Pmags and Glock 12's out today. In typical fashion both were extremely difficult to load to full capacity. No failures due to the mags but several failures to extract thanks to the shitty aluminum cased ammo I brought out. I also had a pair of the Glock 15 round G17 mags and they worked fine as well. I even tried them in my G19 and G26 just because.

Just got an email from Midway USA that they are finally sending my Magpul 12 GL9 order. Now I'll be able to see what all the fuss is about.

(The 15 and 17 round mags have been excellent thus far.)

Got a handful of the 12 rounders today. They definitely took a little extra effort to get the 12th round seated but they all took the full complement.

As expected, they took a little extra oomph to seat in the G26 as well.

I like the feel in the hand, (not having shot them yet), and they don't seem to add much printing...though it will be a while until I'd feel comfortable EDC'ing them. Hope they prove reliable enough.

Got a handful of the 12 rounders today. They definitely took a little extra effort to get the 12th round seated but they all took the full complement.

As expected, they took a little extra oomph to seat in the G26 as well.

I like the feel in the hand, (not having shot them yet), and they don't seem to add much printing...though it will be a while until I'd feel comfortable EDC'ing them. Hope they prove reliable enough.
    I've got about 500 rounds through the g26 mag I photo'd above, it's become much easier to seat the last round.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List