• RCBS

1 2.50%
  • Lee

1 2.50%
  • Frankford Arsenal

4 10.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Case lube war

I have been using 40 year old Lyman aerosol lube. I have a pan that I toss about 150 9mm in and make a single pass over. I just make sure the cases are on their side so no lube gets inside......
    Taking a break from social media.

I chose "home made" but I make it with Lee lube and 99% isopropyl alcohol and use it like one shot, kinda. I load a gallon size zip loc up with cases, spray a couple shots of my lube mix in the bag and tumble the bag around for a few minutes. Then I dump the cases and let it dry. I tumble the finished cartridges for a few minutes to clean the lube off. This is shouldered rifle only, I don't lube straight walled cases.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Rifle case lube I use a 1:4 lanolin: 99% isopropyl alcohol mix in a spray bottle. Cases go in ziploc bag, hit them with a few squirts, knead, and load. Lube gets wiped off of cases with a rag after they're resized.

For loading pistol I hit the bin of cases with a squirt of Hornady One Shot to smooth things out a little. I don't like One Shot for rifle cases at all.

Other...

Only reload 9mm at the moment. Dump cleaned cases into 5 gal bucket, spray a couple squirts of Frankford Arsenal lube into bucket, shake violently, and leave until ready to load.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

I'm still using an old bottle of RCBS. It even works for case forming. I'd say that when it runs out I might try something new, but at some point I bought a spare bottle I haven't tapped yet.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I use the Dillon stuff.

Throw cases in an ice cream tub. Squirt some lube. Shake and then throw into the case feeder on my 650.

I dont bother tumbling the lube off afterwards either anymore and it seems to make zero difference.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    Other...

Only reload 9mm at the moment. Dump cleaned cases into 5 gal bucket, spray a couple squirts of Frankford Arsenal lube into bucket, shake violently, and leave until ready to load.
    Forgot to add, I haven't bothered with cleaning any lube off the cases after loading yet either.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    Other...

Added to the poll.
    #RESIST

Case lube war

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Same technique, I just use the Frankford arsenal stuff that I can buy from the LGS because it's available.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Exactly! I spray a couple squirts in a Ziplock prior to throwing the brass in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by H&KFanNC; 02-02-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

I've been using the Hornady Unique case lube. Only on rifle brass, wearing nitril gloves I dab my left index and middle fingers into the lube and am able to lube up 5-8 caliber depending cases right before I insert them into the press. Not the fastest but I use the time for case inspection before I resize. Now if I was going to do a massive rifle reloading session I will need to rethink my method. I usually load 3-500 556 and 300blk and about 250 308 at a time in a typical reloading session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List