Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump's Pick for SCOTUS

Trump's Pick for SCOTUS

Finalists seem to be these two - with Mr.Gorsuch reported as the front runner.
    Also some gossip that only one of the two actually made it to the WH tonight for the announcement.
    (Personally though I think the media hype and "style" of this announcement, both caused by Trump as well as the media is a bit unbecoming).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Gorsuch
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Hardiman

Atleast in info/media I've been able to find, the latter is outwardly more of a supporter of 2A rights.

thoughts? implications?

Judge Neil Gorsuch has been announced by Trump as the nominee for SCOTUS

Gorsuch.

No real history on 2A rights. So who knows...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Here's pretty much what we can expect from the Dems during the confirmation hearings...

There's nothing civil about this war.

President Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court of the United States is Neil Gorsuch, a judge on the United State Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit who has written that “the Second Amendment protects an individual’s right.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ividual-right/

NRA Applauds Neil Gorsuch's Nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...-supreme-court

I hope you don't breathe air, drink water, eat food, or take medicine...

Every single one of these Senators voted to confirm Neil Gorsuch in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    I hope you don't breathe air, drink water, eat food, or take medicine...
    I genuinely hope Pelosi doesn't do any of those things either. Unfortunately she continues

I saw him described as an originalist in the vein of Scalia. Apparently that puts him far outside the mainstream of legal thought? I guess if you seem to loathe the large swathes of the constitution as much as Team Pelosi then that's true.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I'm not defending what the D's are about to do, but I'm sure they see it as payback for the R's keeping Justice Scalia's seat vacant for nearly a year. There used to be some compromise in politics, but now it's an all or nothing game and this is what we get.
    Last edited by Hambo; 02-01-2017 at 07:35 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm not defending what the D's are about to do, but I'm sure they see it as payback for the R's keeping Justice Scalia's seat vacant for nearly a year. There used to be some compromise in politics, but now it's an all or nothing game and this is what we get.
    It's a totally fucked up situation. I can't even begin to put into words how much I loathe these miscreants on both sides of the aisle who hold this country hostage. 'Despicable' is too nice a term to describe their complete lack of character or sense of responsibility to the American people they are supposed to serve.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List