Thread: Freedom Munitions XTP ammo...Anyone here shoot it?

Freedom Munitions XTP ammo...Anyone here shoot it?

I've been looking for a quality 9mm training load to supplement accuracy shooting at 25 and 50 yards without breaking the bank like full house match ammo. Mostly I don't want to shoot B8s for score with cheap target ammo where the ammo could be the limiting factory at 25Y as opposed to me. I would just shoot my defensive ammo, but that's still $.50/round at the low end and $.75/round at the high end depending on where I buy it. That Freedom XTP load new is like $.36/round. If it's decent quality I'm gonna order 1K and use it sparingly for distance shooting and probably in local pistol matches.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Have you tried Speer Lawman? I've found it to be very accurate and SG sells it for $.21/round.

Site Supporter
    I've had bad experiences with freedom. Multiple squibs. No bueno.

I would recommend American Eagle and Speer Lawman. Both are available at reasonable bulk pricing via SG ammo.

http://sgammo.com/product/speer/1000...53616-or-53651

The Federal hi-shok 115 and 147 grain standard hollow points is is the old 9bp load. Not state of the art anymore but quite accurate and only .28ish a round innbulk.

You can buy Federal HST in bulk for .40 a round it is quite accurate as well.

http://sgammo.com/product/federal/10...le-ammo-p9hst1

If you want re-manufactured ammo I would recommend Precison delta or Atlanta Arms.
    Last edited by HCM; 02-01-2017 at 11:47 PM.

I have in 40 S&W, I use a local munitions (Orr Tactical) for their 9mm XTP . They have a contract with the DEA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    FM's Houston store is about a mile and a half from where I'm typing this. I've inspected visibly defective ammo (in a way that could be dangerous) in the store, brought it to the attention of the workers, and been told that was how it was supposed to look. I have a friend who got a case of .45 that had all the symptoms of being underloaded. Another friend got recall notices for production lots of overloaded ammo. I won't put Freedom Munitions ammo in any gun I own or am going to shoot.

SGAmmo is good.

I also buy from TargetSportsUSA.com. They have free shipping on case quantities; it makes them hard to beat for shipped price.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll order some Am Eagle and Speer next time I'm shopping!
    Shoot more, post less...

late to the party.
    I've shot some of their XTP bulleted rounds, across various calibers. not enough to make a full range report post. it's nothing to write home about.
    in fact, the other night I did some .38spl 158gr stuff through my 442, both XTP +p and FN. the Flat nose rounds had more kick than the +P stuff.

Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

SGA had cheap cases of 9BP recently, which had always done very well for me.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    FM's Houston store is about a mile and a half from where I'm typing this. I've inspected visibly defective ammo (in a way that could be dangerous) in the store, brought it to the attention of the workers, and been told that was how it was supposed to look. I have a friend who got a case of .45 that had all the symptoms of being underloaded. Another friend got recall notices for production lots of overloaded ammo. I won't put Freedom Munitions ammo in any gun I own or am going to shoot.

SGAmmo is good.

I also buy from TargetSportsUSA.com. They have free shipping on case quantities; it makes them hard to beat for shipped price.
    I've had excellent experiences with target sports. They're my go to for buying cases, usually good prices on federal HST too, at least in 9mm.

Speer lawman 115 shot so good for me the last time I went to the range that I have zero interest in match ammo now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List