Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    This looks like an excellent design. I'm hoping to get a P2000SK V2 soon. I like some extra length, does a P2000 holster fit the SK ok?
    Irelander, the trigger guards are different, the SK fits "ok", but not optimally. I could just do P2000 sk "long" version. It's a pretty simple mod. Let me know in the comments if that is what you want. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Can you make these cut for an optic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Can you make these cut for an optic?

1776United, no. the attachment points won't allow red dot cuts. You would need to go to the Wing Claw or Wing Claw 2.0 for red dot sighted pistols. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Just got my 2.5 from Tony. Literally a few minutes ago.

My initial impression is that this thing is so ridiculously good at what it does that I can't believe it. I've only done a few draws, and it holds in place far better than the 2.0 did for me. Of course I have only had a few draws with it thus far. Maybe 20ish. But it seems to be doing better for my body type. It definitely prints less than the 2.0 did for me. Its also extremely comfortable.

Something of note is how adjustable this is. Three sets of holes for each pull the dot loop, plus two holes for adjusting ride height in the holster body. And the ability to cross pull the dots, and you can weave around a belt loop if you want. And the sponge wedge that can be moved, twisted, and cut to size. If it doesn't work for you off the bat there is a ton to adapt it to your body type.

I'm about to head to the range and give it a work out. And I'll be using it for quite awhile doing my dry fire to see how it works out.

-Cory

Do the wider attachment points keep the gun flatter?

I have tried claw type holsters before, but they tuck the grip a bit too drastically and the slide/rear sight prints pretty badly for me.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 02-11-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post

I have tried claw type holsters before, but they tuck the grip a bit too drastically and the slide/rear sight prints pretty badly for me.
    The wider points will keep the gun a little flatter.

You may be a person that benefits from the very rarely used full coverage shield around most of the slide. I think Tom at DSG has been edging closer to this covering the top of the rear sight area in his newer builds, and I have found it useful on some models to build rigs that cover the rear sights entirely with a more rounded sight channel to break the line it can print. Look at some Dale Fricke holsters and the amorphous way he molds the sight channel area to get the idea.

I have the occasional hard slide printing issue with Glocks, and with Trij HD sights on Glocks. I moved to Ameriglo sights, which helped, but some positions the slide is still my enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post

This is me as well. I've tried the original jmck claw and dsg claw and both tuck too drastically. The George has been my best option so far but it doesn't quite tuck the grip enough. The regular jmck aiwb does but it creates a bulge on the pants line. I have the worlds weirdest shaped body apparently!

"Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    This is me as well. I've tried the original jmck claw and dsg claw and both tuck too drastically. The George has been my best option so far but it doesn't quite tuck the grip enough. The regular jmck aiwb does but it creates a bulge on the pants line. I have the worlds weirdest shaped body apparently!
    Have you tried tightening / loosening your belt and slight changes of position? (I'm sure you have, just throwing it out there.)

I find that my "George", (G19 size) does a great job with my G26...ride height, grip and slide. It does a good job with the 19 but not quite as well as the DSG (G17 size). Between the two of them I can usually find the sweet spot...but that corner of the Glock slide can definitely present issues.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

If you are getting slide print with the claw you can grind or sand the claw down a bit. Wont kick the slide around as much but will still tuck the grip.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    The wider points will keep the gun a little flatter.

You may be a person that benefits from the very rarely used full coverage shield around most of the slide. I think Tom at DSG has been edging closer to this covering the top of the rear sight area in his newer builds, and I have found it useful on some models to build rigs that cover the rear sights entirely with a more rounded sight channel to break the line it can print. Look at some Dale Fricke holsters and the amorphous way he molds the sight channel area to get the idea.
    I really like this sort of coverage if only to prevent the rear sights from cutting up shirts.

User Tag List